Sunday, March 8, 2009

Scavenger Hunt/Party Day 8!



Welcome to Day 8 of my Countdown to Release Party for my debut book "Miss Taken" which will release this coming Friday, March 13th from Whispers Publishing! I'm getting very excited about the release, my friends. Also, I'm excited to announce that there will be a HUGE contest kicking off on the 13th during which you will be able to win my RED CARPET PRIZE PACK! Stay tuned for details on that!

Now, down to today's party event. What would a party be without a scavenger hunt? I have 2 events today and each one has a prize attached to it. So, read the rules carefully. That's right...2 Prizes today! You can enter to win just 1 or both! It is up to you.

How do you like my little heart checkered flag up there? Brings to mind, "Start Your Engines...."


FIRST PRIZE/ This is for anyone who posts a comment here on my blog. Today's question is...what should tomorrow's theme be here on my Day 9 of the Blog Party? Come on and gimme some good ideas, folks. I'll pick my fave idea and that person will win your choice of book from this collection.


SECOND PRIZE/ This is for anyone who e-mails me the correct answer. I'll draw a winner from the correct entries. Please don't post your answer here so as to be fair to the others. My e-mail address is kerribookwriter @ yahoo.com (no spaces).

This is for anyone who can find my book cover that is listed as a "Featured Authors of the Month" on another website. Here are the hints...(1) The name of the site features a type of bird that was made popular by Edgar Allen Poe; (2) the name of the site features the time of day also known as cocktail time; (3) The two authors who run the site are both fabulous romance authors. One of them has the last name of the thing you rest your head on in bed at night! Whew! Is that enough hints? I don't know. Just answer the first two questions and you'll have the website address. Once you find the website, don't post the answer here. Just e-mail me the name of the site and the title of one of the OTHER featured authors that are listed with me. There are 8 others!

Since this one requires a little work, the winner will receive 2 prizes! This adorable little mini purse and a book from the genre of your choice! Good luck!


Thanks to everyone who checked out the Pen & Muse blog yesterday and shared your muse with me.

Again, I've numbered your posts and enlisted some help from randomizer.org. Based on this, the winner of yesterday's prize is...miriama! Congrats and you can contact me via my website www.kerrinelson.com with your snail mail information.

Hope you are all having a wonderful weekend. Btw, I hate this time change. Ugh!

8 comments:

Louisa Cornell said...

I hate this time change too, Kerri! Yuck!!

Here are a couple of ideas for your party tomorrow.

People could post the recipes for their favorite party drinks or their favorite party dishes.

Or they could even post their dream party location along with a party theme!

kerribookwriter said...

Great ideas, Louisa! Oooh, my mind is already stirring up a good prize idea for those themes.

Thanks for stopping by!

scottsgal said...

This time change messes up my day oh well. How about a what you're reading now party where everyone tells quickly what they're currently reading and if they recommend it so far.

Anonymous said...

I was just wondering why we do the time change the thought of losing a hour of sleep makes me tired. We could discuss the new book maybe have an interview with the characters, etc

yadgirl said...

Tomorrow's theme should be Spring.

Julie Robinson said...

Hi Kerri,
I'm a little late . . ..okay maybe really late today, or yesterday. I don't know if you picked any winners yet, but just for the fun of it, I'll make a go of it. Plus, you can always use an idea later.

Speaking of the time change: who likes it, who doesn't? Personally, I hate it when it changes for the winter. I mean, why not keep the same time? Our bodies know the time. And then by the time my body's caught up, it's time to change again! And just what is time? Who sets their time ahead of the radio time to be on time for things?

Okay that was one thought.
Julie

kerribookwriter said...

Julie, you crack me up, girl!

I have selected the winners and they'll be posted momentarily along with today's contest/prize and winning topic!

Thanks for stopping by everyone!

Naima Simone said...

Hi, Kerri!
I was in Atlanta this weekend when time changed. So, not only was I already an hour ahead of my normal body clock, but then time jumped ahead ANOTHER hour! LOL! I'm so sleepy!

But, to today's blog question...My suggestion is tell us about your dedication page. Who would be on it? Who has supported your aspirations and dreams so far that you couldn't publish a novel without thanking them in print for the whole world to see? They'd have to be pretty special to be immortalized! LOL!