Saturday, March 7, 2009

Are you "A-Mused"?/Blog Party DAY 7!


Saturday morning (insert yawn), up early and thinking about my muse. This is the best photographic image that I could find that correctly depicts how I see my muse. She's sexy and wears her dark wings as she decends down from the clouds above to guide me. She's fun and flirty and is consumed with love and passion. On the same token, she's naughty and wicked and fills my mind with too many thoughts and ideas. Sometimes she pouts and won't speak to me but most of the time she's singing to me.

What is a muse? Well the dictionary describes a muse as "any goddess that presides over any art" or "a goddess with powers to insipire the poet, artist, and thinker or the like."

This week, I'm featured on a wonderful blog entitled "The Pen and Muse". I am the proud and humble winner of this blog's recent Romantic Short Story Contest! I accepted these honors for my second book entitled "The Saucy Celt". Be sure to check out my interview and excerpt over at the Pen & Muse blog. Here's the link:

http://thepenmuse.blogspot.com/2009/03/pen-muse-romantic-short-story-contest_04.html



Thank you Pen & Muse for this opportunity to share a bit about myself and my work!

Now, today is Blog Party Day 7 for my Countdown to Release Date for "Miss Taken" which releases this coming Friday the 13th from Whispers Publishing! Woot! We are at the half way point! I've been having so much fun. I hope you have, too!

To be eligible for today's prize drawing, you must hop over to the Pen and Muse blog and read about where my muse likes to visit me. Then, share with me here all about your muse. Do you have one? Do you want one? What is your muse like? If you don't have one then tell me about something interesting that you read over at the Pen & Muse Blog!

My muse has whispered in my ear this morning, she wants me to give out the following prizes for a lucky post today...the hot book entitled, "Suite Fantasy" by Janice Maynard and the exotic scented candle from Yankee Candle Company in the scent of "Midsummer's Night"!



Thanks to everyone who helped me to celebrate over at the Author's Studio yesterday. We had a great time over there and I loved reading about your fave genres and authors. I don't believe there is ever such a thing as too many books!

For yesterday's prize, the set of nesting boxes, I numbered your posts in the order that they were received and put that number into randomizer.org and the Powers That Be over at randomizer have chosen post #8 which is Denisse Alicea! Congrats Denisse! Hope you enjoy the boxes!

Stay tuned for more great prizes every day through March 13th. A grand prize drawing on the 13th and a new contest starting on the 13th! Whew!

Have a great Saturday, ya'll.

9 comments:

Julie Robinson said...

Whew! is right :-)
Keeping up with prizes and throwing all these wild parties must be putting a crimp on your writing time.

Which brings me to a question: When promoting your debut novel, are you finding time to listen to your muse and write? or are you setting aside your writing time for now to throw yourself fully into promoting?

Now to hop on over to The Pen and Muse.
Julie

Julie Robinson said...

Oh, and you're right about never having too many books! Though my DH would heartily disagree.
Julie

Denise said...

Wow thank you Kerri! I'm excited! Thank you for also featuring my blog on yours!

kerribookwriter said...

Hey Julie,

Thanx for the questions. Well, I just finished up my paranormal creation right before my blog party started but my muse has been screaming at me to get moving on this Regency time travel piece. I'm planning to get into full gear on that one on Monday.

I'm really trying hard to promote this first release because it is such a big deal for me, but I always make time to write a little each day. You have to keep working on new projects all the time in order to make your muse happy.

She is extremely demanding! Bless her heart!

Thanks so much for supporting me. It makes me happy to see you here every day. I won't forget you, my friend.

Hugs,
Kerri

robynl said...

I love doing crafts and my muse comes to me when I'm in a craft store or even in a dollar store and see an item I will think "oh that could be used for...." and thus a craft idea is born.

Congrats on your contest win.

Anonymous said...

I don't have a muse so I will comment about the site. I love that there is a grammar guru. Sometimes I need a little help in that area.

miriama said...

I found this interesting: "This may sound strange, but I usually get all my ideas for stories while in the bath tub or the shower."

I totally get this. I only dabble at writing but I have seriously thought to myself....who is going to invent a waterproof notepad for me? I have such great ideas in the shower! LOL

mindy said...

nice giveaway sorry i missed the others

tlcfromtn said...

I don't have a muse so I will mention something I found interesting. You have a very "exciting" way to make pizza dough. Wow! Thanks for the giveaway!

braaisjo at gmail dot com