Monday, March 9, 2009

Can I Buy You a Drink?/Party Day 9!



Welcome to my Countdown to Release Date Party Day 9! Whew! Are ya'll getting tired yet? This has been a rockin' party and the good news is that it rages on until Friday! What happens Friday? Well, I'm glad you asked...my debut book entitled "Miss Taken" releases from Whispers Publishing! Woot!

Also, we'll have a Grand Prize drawing winner on Friday selected from all the participants during the entire party! I'll announce that prize later in the week. Plus, we'll kick off the release of my book with a new contest that is HUGE! Stay tuned for that!

Other happenings this week:

  • Tuesday, I'll be blogging at the Authors & Books Blog!
  • Wednesday, Excerpt & Trivia Day!
  • Thursday, Partying at my friend Lizzie T. Leaf's TeaRoom!
  • Friday, Celebrating my Release with my friends back at the Author's Studio Blog!
Don't miss out on all the fun!

Okay, so what you've all been waiting for...the winners from yesterday and today's topic.

Prize #1 Winner

Thanks to everyone who posted and idea for today's party! The winning idea is from Louisa Cornell! Congrats LC! You win a book of your choice from the romantic suspense collection that I posted yesterday.

The winning idea that is now today's topic...what would a party be without refreshments? So, as your hostess, let me ask you to share with us your favorite party drink. It can be either a cocktail recipe or just a party punch or whatever you desire. Everyone who shares their fave party drink recipe today on the blog will be eligible to win the following:

1. Mojito Frozen Drink Mix Bucket (makes 5 frozen cocktails just add rum);
2. Adorable set of 6 Tiki Bar Swizzle Sticks; and
3. Romance book entitled "Shaken and Stirred" by Sue McKay.

Here's the pic...


Prize #2 Winner


I was amazed at all the entries for this prize. I thought that no one would want to go on the scavenger hunt but I was thrilled by all the participation. It was so fun to hear from so many people! Thanks to everyone that entered and I'm proud to say that my clues must have been good because everyone got it 100% correct.

I did a random draw from all the entries and the winner of the mini-purse and book from the genre of your choice is...Joanna S.! YaY!

Winners, please contact me with your book choice/genre choice and your snail mail information.

I'm looking forward to reading about all the delish drinks today! Cheers!

7 comments:

Julie Robinson said...

Hi Kerri! Guess I'll start the drinking before the cocktail hour. I'm not too complicated as far drink refreshment go. I like the ones already mixed, like the maragrita, daquiri, or white Russian that you buy in a pre-mixed bottle. The white russian is good in some coffee about this time of the day.

I'll be back. I've got to go fix some.
Julie

Julie Robinson said...

Ahh, the power of suggestion, even if I did suggest it myself. But now that I've settled comfortably in my chair, legs crossed in Indian style, the dogs are coming to look expectantly. It's too early for their walk, but they like to remind me early, especially when they see me sit down here. Because that means I'll get engrossed again and may not get up to take them today.

Now back to drinks. Just give me a rum and coke or a dark beer. Just looking at the drinks I like, I realize I really do have a sweet tooth. No wonder I'm having difficulty losing weight! I'd better walk later.

Cheers,
Julie

I'm feeling a bit perkier now. Must be the caffeine, right?!

Julie Robinson said...

Ahh, the power of suggestion, even if I did suggest it myself. But now that I've settled comfortably in my chair, legs crossed in Indian style, the dogs are coming to look expectantly. It's too early for their walk, but they like to remind me early, especially when they see me sit down here. Because that means I'll get engrossed again and may not get up to take them today.

Now back to drinks. Just give me a rum and coke or a dark beer. Just looking at the drinks I like, I realize I really do have a sweet tooth. No wonder I'm having difficulty losing weight! I'd better walk later.

Cheers,
Julie

I'm feeling a bit perkier now. Must be the caffeine, right?!

Julie Robinson said...

Oh, and congrats to Louisa and Joanna S.

Thanks for the schedule, Kerri. It's nice to know how far 'll have to travel.

Jeanette J said...

I love Sinapore Slings. I found this recipe and bought the ingredients to try it out and it was great.
1 1/2 ounce gin
1/2 ounce Cherry Heering brandy
1/4 ounce Cointreau
1/4 ounce Benedictine
4 ounces pineapple juice
1/2 ounce lime juice
1/3 ounce grenadine
dash bitters
I'm not sure but some of the ingredients can be substituted for something else.

scottsgal said...

My fave drink is amaretto stone sour, amaretto, sour mix and orange juice with a fresh orange slice and cherry! Yummm

Julie Robinson said...

Wow, Jeanette, that sounds complicated!
Julie