
Today, we are going to the movies....well, sort of....we are talking about Book Trailers. If you don't know, they are the new hot thing in advertising your book. They are just like a movie trailer (you know the "coming soon to a theater near you" ads) except that they typically have words instead of voices and images instead of live action. They are pretty darn cool, in my opinion.
If you haven't already checked out my trailer for "Miss Taken" just click on the car scene above to be transported to YouTube! Or, click here:
Also, I've just started making book trailers for some author friends of mine at very low cost. If you are interested in having one made for your book. Please contact me!
Now, to be eligible for today's prize, please tell me what you think of my trailer and/or share with us a link to a trailer that you've seen and love. Authors, please feel free to post the link to your trailer! Free Promo Op! :-)
Here's the link to a trailer that I like by author DL Edwards:
What's the prize for today's participation? How bout a $5 gift card to Blockbuster? Then you can have your own night at the movies!

Yesterday's prize winner of the "Major Attitude" M&M man is....MarthaE! Congrats! Please contact me via my website (http://www.kerrinelson.com/) with your snail mail information. Also, I need kimmy, the Day 3 winner to contact me as well.
Keep coming back every day between now and March 13th for more cool prizes and a grand prize drawing on the 13th to celebrate my BIG day!

17 comments:
Ooo, that WAS a cool trailer!
Thanks for sharing, and for the promo opp. *grins* My book doesn't come out for awhile, but here's the trailer I made:
Dragon Fire Trailer
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=35vMa604v3o
Can't wait to check back and watch more trailers!
Hugs,
Meagan
Kerri, YOu know I love your trailer! Now, as for the trailer you posted, that was fascinatingly chilling. It gave me the creeps, but I'm going to have to read it out of morbid curiosity, knowing that love wins in the end.
Meagan, the Dragon Fire trailer was awesome. I love Silouette Nocturne's and yours is no exception. Another addition to my TBB list when it comes out.
Julie
Oh, Meagan, I checked out your site as well. The pics of little Bear and your manly kitty are so cute.
I don't know if you're still running your contest, but that dragon necklace is to die for. Where ever did you get that? I joined your newsletter in hopes.
Julie
WOW...... that was really an thrilling and exhilarating movie trailer. You could feel the suspense tied in with excitement. Great job and that would make an awesome movie on the big screen.
Hi Kerri!
What a fun surprize to find you plugging my trailer today!!!
I wish I could take the credit for it, but Barb at NovelTeasers did it for me and I loved it!! It really hit on the feel of the book.
Thanks so much and now I'm going to take a look around your blog - looks like so much fun!
Have a great day and I'm so glad you liked my trailer.
DeNita writing as
DL Edwards
Kerri - just watched your Miss Taken trailer - awesome!!!!
Hey Kerri
Big congrats on your win at Whispers from one of your co-winners! I can hardly wait to read your book and see how we all took the same idea and went wild!
I think your trailer is way cool!
What a great idea!
Jane kent
Getting It Right/Whispers Publishing
Love your trailer; good luck with your book
Keri- I loved the music on your trailer. Looks like a good mystery!!
looks scary- then again I can be scared crapless easily lately
hey, that really looks good
Looks great,good luck with that!I love movies!
ahdrad2932(at)msn(dot)com
Awesome trailer Kerri!
You can check mine out at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sIQJCCn0doc
~Sheryl
What a cool trailer! Really well done.
Nice, never saw a trailer for a book before. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8eKefELK9oE
Nice trailer
the story in the trailer sounds pretty dang scarey.
Post a Comment