***********UPDATE**********WINNER ANNOUNCED*******************
Yesterday, at Lizzie's Tea Room Party I held several contests. The Contest #3 featured a challenge to complete a scene that I started about the hottie guy photo above. I've chosen the best entry to win the awesome Crabtree & Evelyn lavender spa basket.
Here's what I wrote:
Kyle leaned against the kitchen counter, wrapped only in the green towel.
Tina couldn’t stop herself from darting out the pink tip of her tongue to lick her own lower lip. Just the sight of him standing there half naked, in her kitchen was enough to make her hungry. She was starving for him to touch her. She knew for a fact that her kitchen had never been hotter than it was right now.
There was only one problem…….
Here's what the winner wrote:
....... the rotweiller that was standing between the two of them. His razor-edged fangs being displayed in a manner that would make it very difficult for her to get to that towel. Should she run like hell for the door or should she reach for the raw meat on the counter and make nice with ferocious animal?
**************
I thought this was outrageously funny and terrifying at the same time. The winner is Val P.! Congrats! Thanks to everyone who entered. I thoroughly enjoyed all the entries!
****************************************************************
Grrr....uh, I mean Good Morning and Welcome to Day 12 of my Countdown to Release Date Party!
For those of you playing along at home, we are on the Eve of my debut book release entitled "Miss Taken" which will be available tomorrow, Friday the 13th from Whispers Publishing!
Today, we are moving the party over to my dear friend Lizzie T. Leaf's Yahoo Group from 1pm to 3pm (EDT). If you don't know Lizzie, she is a phenomenal author and has a fabulous vampire serious (Waking Up Dead is my fave) and a cougar series (check out Barely Legal). That cougar would be as in an older woman and younger man scenario. Thus, the man candy photo above features the young hottie who will be serving us tea at the party today! LOL
Here's how to join the group if you are not already a member. You must join in order to party with us today.
LizziesTeaRoom">
Click to join LizziesTeaRoom
Believe me, you will want to attend. There will be excerpts, trivia, and prizes galore! I'm giving away 3 prizes today! You must be present to win 2 of them and the 3rd prize details will be announced during the party and you'll have until noon tomorrow (EDT) to enter that one. This will allow for everyone to have a chance at that prize. The prizes are as follows:
- Cat shaped deck of playing cards (in honor of my casino setting in Miss Taken)
- A book entitled "Happiness" (because that is how I feel about my book release)
- A gift basket full of luxurious Crabtree & Evelyn spa products in lavender!


*************Special Announcement***************
There will be a Whispers chat at The Romance Studio tonight. The chat is from 9-11 (EDT) and I'll be there for at least an hour. I'll be there with the VIPs from Whispers and some of my fellow authors. Come out and join us and I'm sure there will be at least one prize given away!
Here's the link for that: http://theromancestudio.com/chat.php
******************************************************************************
Now, about yesterday's party. Thanks so much for sharing your secrets with us!
I've posted replies to some of your entries, so check those out if you haven't already. How cool was it that the CEO of my publisher Ms. Dawn Carrington graced me with a special appearance? I'm honored and humbled. Wow!
Hmmm....what am I forgetting? Oh yeah, the winner of yesterday's $10 Whispers gift purchase! We had so many great entries that it is impossible to choose. So, I used my buddies over at randomizer.org again. The PTB (powers that be) at randomizer have chosen lucky entry #2 and that is Emma Lai! Woot!
For any winners that need to contact me with your snail mail information or book choices, etc.. If you cannot contact me via my website, you can just e-mail me directly at kerribookwriter @ yahoo.com (no spaces)!
I'm mailing out the first week of prizes today and the second week's prizes will go out next week! Thanks to everyone for playing along and be sure to come by tomorrow for the biggest day yet and the grand prize announcement!

8 comments:
Morning, Kerri. I'm so sorry to have missed your party yesterday. It was a looong day, starting with going downtown to do some work and then having a dead battery at 5. People getting off work tried to help me stranded in the parking lot to no avail. My DH, already on his way home in rush hour traffic AND ever the knight in shining armor, had to turn around when he was almost home to come rescue me. We got home, he fixed supper, while I took a shower, and after I ate, I stayed up til 4:30 this morning doing work---not writing---work. I'd be sleeping now, except that work called me needing the papers. They came to my house and exchanged the papers for more work. My DH comes home at noon to pick me up so we can go back to put in a new battery. Hopefully that's all the problem. And I had just gotten my car back last Wednesday after it had been in the shop from a wreck.
Anyway, sorry to be such a party pooper, but I'll be missing your tea party this afternoon, since I'll be with hubby cheering him on while he works on my car. I really regret it because it looks like you were having one hunk of a waiter!
Nite. I think I need to sleep now.
Julie
Oh, and you've got some really cute prizes too.
Julie
Hi Kerri -- congratulations on your release tomorrow! I know how excited you must be. I'm a friend of Lizzie's and thought I'd visit your blog and say hi.
Helen
www.helensheroes.blogspot.com
Congrats on the upcoming release.
Hey there Keri! You must be just SOOO excited now down to the last day!!! Congratulations - I hope it is a fabulous day for you. Was working while you all enjoyed tea. :( Hope you had lots of fun. Thanks for letting us share in you countdown.
Congrats to Emma Lai, yesterdays winner! So bummed I missed out on today with Lizzie. I am hoping that my dear hubby might just fall asleep so I can sneak in on 2nites get2gether! Tomorrow is your big day, bet you are soooooo Excited!
Hi Kerri! I can't believe I missed you at Lizzie's group today and your party here so sorry. Looks like you all had a blast. Awesome prizes have been won too congratulations on your upcoming debut book. Miss Taken sounds like a wonderful read. I look forward to this one. Love the eye candy btw ;)
Hugssss
LindaH
Congrats on the release! It was great chatting with you last night.
Post a Comment