Friday, August 12, 2011

4K-a-Day Challenge Kerri's Day #4 Results


STOP! I Need A Do Over!

Well, my lovely friends and writers...I may have been "on fire" on Wednesday but yesterday I had major "life interruptus" and despite my struggles to over come it--I had to throw the towel in. I won't go into details but let's just say...I spent at least 4 hours of my day at the doctor's office and I'm out about $600. Ugh!

BUT...I am not defeated. I'm re-energized and ready to conquer the new day and the remainder of the challenge.

Since, I didn't come anywhere near a reportable total toward my goal yesterday, I'm going to scratch the entire day.

What does this mean for you? Well, I'm posting this blog so that you can tell me how you kicked my challenge bootie yesterday. Go ahead and post your Day #4 results here.

The challenge continues today as normal. However, I have two options.

1. I'll try to write a little more each day over my 4K goal to make up for the lost words.

Or

2. I'll extend the challenge by one day to make up the lost day. My "do over" day.

I haven't decided which one I'll do yet but either way, you're invited to join me along the way. We'll see how things go over the next 3 days and I'll make an announcement then. Meanwhile, let's keep going.

We're cresting the hill on our challenge today and hopefully we'll glide down, gaining momentum along the rest of the way. And NO MORE speed bumps...please.

Thanks for being patient with your hostess.

Hugs to those who need 'em,
Kerri

9 comments:

suzanne said...

Kerri must have been in the water. I only got 1900 and change written yesterday. Workday was crazy busy then had to leave job #1 to do some work for job #2 should have done more last night but crashed. And guess what... haven't gotten any writing in this morning. I will get some done today and but still have double duty and have to work some on Job #2 when I get off at 5pm today. Honestly though if I don't write another word this week I've still written more in these few days than I have before so yeah!! Hopefully will have time at lunch to get stuff done.

Unknown said...

Aww--sorry to hear about the crazy day, Kerri! We can't avoid all the bumps, but a flat road doesn't give us new material to work with when we're writing. Hope everyone's okay, and that you're back to the writing bonanza today.

(PS: I'm still jazzed about breaking 5k yesterday, but I just found out I'm working overtime today, so I guess I better dig in for the day job. We'll see how much coffee it takes to get me to 4k by midnight. Write on, everyone!)

Nickie Asher said...

I only managed 1,097 yesterday but I did edit two chapters of a project that has to be to the editor in two weeks. I should make that deadline easy only 70 pages to plow through.

Rebecca said...

Sorry to hear about your troubles, Kerri! Hopefully today will be smooth sailing!

My day was crazy with meetings, but hubby had to work late, so I squeezed in a few extra sessions last night. I didn't even look at the word total until this morning and was shocked -

Day 4 total - 3817! Woohoo!
(happy dance!)

Nancy Jackson said...

Yesterday was a bust for me. I managed 1 interval of 15 minute writing to get 1300 words, and then ended up being plagued by health problems the rest of the day :/

I'm all for a do-over!

By the way, I love your new cover :)

Unknown said...

Sorry, Kerri. You'll make it up. Hope all is okay.

I will say one thing this challenge has done for me, so far, Kerri. I have yet to get anywhere near 4K, but I have written so much more by having the challenge.

Yesterday, I went to weight watchers & had just started my laundry when my daughter & son-in-law arrived. We spent the rest of the day together. They left @ 9:30 last night & I thought, I've not written anything. I must write some, so...

I set my handy-dandy timer for 30 minutes & wrote 456 words-not great but something.

Lyn said...

Maybe it was the almost full moon that affected so many of us? Anyway I didn't have a banner day either - even though I haven't come close to the 4K words a day, I have been trying to maintain my 1K at least a day. But not yesterday I came in at 723 :(. I was very disappointed in myself and my day, but today is a new day and a new chance to get back on track! Good luck to everyone!

Unknown said...

I managed 1,009 words before I got a big fat sinus headache that forced me off the computer. =( Oh well. At least I got some words down.

Elisabeth Staab said...

I hate to say it, but I already can't quite recall what my total was. I think I got close, but not quite...2500 plus 800 or something to that effect? Okay so that's...3300?? I guess that's not as close as I though. :(