I'm on Fire (FOUR)!
Welcome back for today's update. I'm really enjoying all your daily updates. Keep 'em coming!
Remember that making the effort to sit and write every day is half the battle. Even if you don't reach your goal, keep writing! We are almost half way through our challenge. Don't give up now.
Here's how I did today...I'm smoking up the keyboard...
Day #3
6:41 a.m.
G’morning. Gonna try to squeeze out at least one 15 minute segment this morning BEFORE the school morning rush descends heavily. Back in a few to tell you how I did.
6:59 a.m. Update
Back. Got 714 on my first run today. I also scored over the 50K mark on my book. I feel like I’m over the hump now and need to start pushing toward that climax and resolution. Can’t wait. Back shortly to continue.
10:17 a.m. Update
1 car ride, 1 blog post, 1 load of laundry, 3 phone calls, 100 words edited (on another project) and a shower later…I’m up to 1621 for the day. This is pretty darn good. More editing and time for e-mails. Be back soon.
11:39 a.m. Update
Got the baby down for a nap and got a little more editing done (but still behind on this). Also behind on e-mails but I’ll work through them as I can. Gotta run switch over the laundry and then it is back to writing. I’m trying to finish up my words earlier today than on previous days so that I can really focus on editing (my book that is due) this evening. I’m not a fan of switching back and forth between writing and editing during the same time frame (even if they are on different projects). Up to a total of 2296 now. Little over half way there. Keepin’ up the pace!
12:48 p.m. Update
Lunchtime and I’m rocking and rolling on the word count. Up to 3178! Hope to finish up in 1 or 2 more jaunts within the next hour. I have a lot of classwork and edits to do on other projects so I NEED to finish early today with writing. Hope you all are having productive days. Will let you know how my afternoon goes, crossing fingers and toes…
5:06 p.m. Update
Well, the best laid plans. I got all lost in other projects and only got back to my writing a few moments ago. I’m closing out the day now at 4062 words. Still kicking the 4K challenge bootie. 3 days down and 4 to go. Can I keep it up? We’ll see.
How'd you do?
--Kerri

14 comments:
Well, here I was thinking I was way too late. Yesterday for me was a nada because I had an epidural injection in my neck complete with enough drugs to keep me asleep most of the day.
See how tired I am? I posted yesterday on today. Now, I'll post today because I'm getting ready to take these old bones to bed. Between several tasks, some laundry, and some more battles with pain I still managed more than 700 words. I am not complaining. And, met my focus goals by the way.
Success, of a sort!
I started the day at 4:15 am. Dragged my butt outta bed, sat at the kitchen table and wrote non-stop until 5:30 am (pen and paper, not computer). Took a cat nap before getting ready for work, then left. Worked all day, was home by 5:25pm. Sat down at the kitchen table and wrote until 6:15. Dinner, then more writing. A forty minute phone call, then back to writing.
Results:
3060 words (handwritten so # is approximate)
YAY ME!!
Qwillia
Super job Kerri!
I hit 4k on the dot. I had a new release today so that took a lot of time, almost thought I wouldn't make it, but just squeaked it out, lol.
This wouldn't be possible w/o having tried the 15 minute intervals suggested in your fabulous Book Factory Workshop!!
~Nancy
So I made 4011, barely got it. Still short about 1100 from Tuesday. I haven't started today so I may not make it. I usually get my biggest chunk between 4a and 6a but havn't done anything yet and it's after 5. I'm a huge plotter and I've jumped into the challenge without having a thing plotted so I may have to work on that today. Right now I'm writing scenes all over the place and in no particular order.
Sorry to say that I was not as regimented as I should have been yesterday. I got 2500 written and then got bogged down in other work, never got back to drafting. Rather disappointed in myself. :( I know better than to do other stuff before I've met the word count goal but I let myself get distracted. Lesson leaned. :(
Wrapped up yesterday with 2112! (Grr. Carpool driving. Grr.) I'm crazy proud of that total though, and I'm racing toward my 4k again today!
Yesterday I got stuck. I couldn't decide what my monster looked like (it's in the heroine's house and wants to...maybe eat her, lol). So I worked on two other shorts and finished one of them. I had a total of 2,975 words. And by this morning, I had a pretty good idea of what Mr. Scary looks like so maybe I can finish that one today.
Day three - 3034! This is awesome for me. The fifteen minute writing intervals are working very well. As I'm able to slip in an extra one or two, the word count just keeps going up. Thanks for such a splendid idea, Kerri!
Congrats to everyone else too. Great progress!
Still not getting to 4K a day but I'm happy with my 1K + each day for now. So I'm thrilled to report that I made it to 1257 words today (Wednesday) on my current WIP. Yay!
Thank you, Kerri! I'm really liking the goals and 15 minute blocks. :)
My Wednesday count was 4,171. =)
Sorry, I've had company & been running all day. We're fixing to start a movie tonight, so I took a minute to post yesterday's word count - not 4K- but did get in 1277 words. Yeah!
A bonus today-my son-in-law helped me with setting up a website which I needed. Now I can work on it. My daughter & sil will be here 1 more day b4 moving 800 miles away. Yuck!
Thursday says 5078. And, and, and! I got a couple of pages revised, too. (And putting both of our furchildren in timeout for rowdy fighting--once I managed to wrangle them without losing fingers or limbs--I remembered to bathe the baby. Yay for Mommy! LOL) Have a great Friday, all--go words! *spirit fingers*
I haven't posted since the first day. between spending time with the kids before school started today (friday) working in the evenings, etc., I have not been able to write 4k a day, but I have been able to get in over 1k and that is really good for me since last week I wrote nothing!!!!!!
Post a Comment