Well, it has been a busy few weeks for me. Here's what's been going on lately in the world of Kerri...
- I received some troubling lab work results which resulted in some emergency testing on the new baby. After much panic and even more praying, I'm happy to report that everything looks fine and we've also discovered the "identity" of the newest member to our family clan. Stay tuned for the announcement of the winner of my Baby Bonanza contest. To be announced SOON! There's still one week left to enter See this post for details. (http://kerribookwriter.blogspot.com/2009/08/baby-bonanza-contest-girls-vs-boys.html).
- Last week, I've suffered a computer crash and have been in recovery hell. Things are looking up now and I give all the credit to Mozy Home Back up! If you do not have an online back up service I highly recommend Mozy (www.mozy.com). They were sent from heaven...I feel sure of it. Particularly since they saved 15 completed manuscripts and 4 or 5 others in various stages of production from being lost in cyber hell.
- Also last week, I sold 2 Christmas novellas to Whispers Publishing to be released in December AND I sold my very first Young Adult Romance book to Class Act Books! Woot!
- Check out the pic of me wearing my brand new RWA Pro pin as well...I've cut most of myself out of the pic due to the fact that I feel incredibly un-photographable these days. Can anyone say "preggo-potamus"? Anyway, I'm an official "PRO" now and next I'm striving for "PAN" status (that's like playing for the Majors)!
- Last but not least, I received my beautiful new cover for Soul Searcher check it out on my website here (www.kerrinelson.com). Also, see the wonderful author review quotes that I've received! Stay tuned for details on a huge release party and blog tour that are in the works for this month!
Don't forget about my ongoing TextNovel book that you can read for free (posted chapter by chapter at www.textnovel.com). I just added a new chapter today and I want to encourage everyone to send your friends and family over there to check it out and VOTE.
I've had so much fun giving away my Box O' Books recently that I'm keeping up the trend. This week, I'm giving away a Bag O' Books (check out the photo above). A Michelin backpack comes stuffed chock full of books galore! What do you have to do to win?
Just vote and/or subscribed to my story at TextNovel.com OR refer someone to the site to vote/subscribe! You get one entry for each vote and one entry for each subscription. If you refer someone you get 5 entries per referral! Just be sure to post a comment and tell me the username that you used or that your referral used to vote so that I can verify the votes!
This Bag O' Books will be given away on or around September 16th! So you have 2 weeks to get the votes rolling. Need instructions on how to vote? Here are the step by step instructions:
1. Go to http://www.textnovel.com
2. If you don't already have an account, you need to register.
3. Then you can search for my book either via pen name (Kerri Nelson) or book title (Courting Demons).
4. Once you click on my story, you need to click the "thumbs up" circular button in order to get me a vote.
5. If you are feeling extremely generous, please click on the little "cell phone" emblem and this will make you a "subscriber" of my story. STILL TOTALLY FREE! They are only supposed to send you an e-mail to let you know when a new segment is up.
6. You're done. No need to try and vote again but keep coming back if you want to see what happens to Paisley and her rat fink cheating hubby!
Now, I'd like to take a moment to thank everyone for all the encouragement, support, votes, comments, and referrals in this contest. I truly appreciate every single one of you!
Lastly, without further ado...I've calculated all the entries from last week's Box O' Books giveaway and we've drawn a winner at random. The winner is....drum roll......
SiNn! Woot! Congrats! Please send me your snail mail information to kerribookwriter AT yahoo.com (replace AT with @).
Don't miss the Bag O' Books or the Baby Bonanaza Contest still rocking along! Be sure to come back next week for the Soul Searcher party details!



15 comments:
I'm glad everything was okay with your baby :) I know when there were complications with my cousin's second child (due in Jan I believe) the family was very tense and anxious until the news was good.
I voted for your story! I think. I'm pretty sure! my username is: lexilewords. Textnovel is still giving me some wonky issues when I try to log in and post my own chapters...
Kerri,
I had no idea that you were pregnant! Congratulations!!!! I am so glad that you and the baby are both fine! Nothing worse than being scared to death when your pregnant- I know it well! Take care!
Andrea
Kerri,
I'm so glad everything is okay with your pregnancy. I was getting worried because we hadn't heard from you. Glad you're back in action with your computer up and running, especially since you're the moderator of the CHRW class! I saw you're teaching a class next month. That's wonderful. You know I'll be there.
Congrats for being a PRO and on your recent sells. You are on the ball.
Julie
Oh, and I love the pun: "rat-fink" cheating husband.
Congrats to SnNn!
Julie
Hi Kerri!
Big Congrats! I am glad to hear the baby and you are both fine.
I love your give aways and I wish you the best and many many votes.
Sounds like a great company to have and I am glad to hear your computer made it. Mine died, totally and I miss it...
Take care.
thank you Kerri for writing an awesoem story and i cant wiat to read more and more and thank youf or well drawing my name wouldnt be possible if we didnt have an awesome person running this im sorry about the pc i know how much of a pain it is when things crash like this and im so happy to hear you and your little one are doing fine
I voted before and my name is Tottie. Take care of yourself and the baby.
lorettaC,
lbcanton@verizon.net
I wanted to let you know that I voted for your story. It's under orelukpj0 for some strange reason (s/b orelukjp0).Oh, well.
I am glad to hear that everything is now good for your little one. I'll keep you both in my prayers for continued good health.
Hey Kerri!!
I hope your all doing better! I know how scary things can get, well just take care of yourself and the baby. I wish you all the Best!
So I sent my best bud over and she voted and subscribed to your great story!
Under the name Tasha!!!
I might be back with atleast one more friend!
~Afshan
Hey Kerri!
I'm Baaaackkkk...LOL
So my other friend went and signed up also as saddie82282 but he said it came out as (Saddie) He voted and subscribed. Hopefully you can find him.
~Afshan
kerri,
i subscribed several weeks ago. subscriber id is char10.
courting demons is a great story.can't wait to see what happens next.
congrats on the baby.
Hi I have voted and subscribed and am glad to hear your baby is doing ok. hope your family is well.
I got three people to sign up and vote for your story. :-)
mtkatz
wtkatz
and
dehubble
I am already signed up to get updates on it and I voted too.
Larena (lrwirum)
i got a few friends to sign up sweety
under the names
sweetsinner
Aura Jade
will keep helping cause well i want ur story to win
Hey Kerri!!
I don't know if it's cutting it to close being 11:25 pm on the 15th but either way I just got word from two of my friends that they went and voted and subscribed to your story.
As
Curvy25
& JigSawGirl
Thanks for the Great Free Story and a chance at a bag O' books!!
~Afshan
Post a Comment