
Welcome to Day #1 (Week 1) of my September Blog Tour!
Today we are talking about the Paranormal in celebration of my FIRST paranormal book release scheduled for this Friday, September 18th entitled Soul Searcher! Woot!
This book features a heroine who can see souls and a hero who is a shape shifting mountain lion!
Here's the debut of my Soul Searcher trailer...Enjoy!:
Today we are talking about the Paranormal in celebration of my FIRST paranormal book release scheduled for this Friday, September 18th entitled Soul Searcher! Woot!
This book features a heroine who can see souls and a hero who is a shape shifting mountain lion!
Here's the debut of my Soul Searcher trailer...Enjoy!:
I've always been a fan of the genre including books (anything Sherrilyn Kenyon or Karen Marie Moning), television (everything from the X-files to Buffy), and films (the 6th Sense to Alien and beyond). So, I was eager to write a romantic suspense novel featuring some sort of paranormal theme.
Today, I'd love to hear your thoughts on all things paranormal. What do you enjoy most about the genre? Do you believe that paranormal occurances really happen? Have you had a brush with the paranormal in real life?
We once stayed in a supposed haunted historic hotel. I kept my eyes on the look out for anything suspicious. Unfortunately, the only thing that went bump in the night was me stumping my toe on the suitcase stand while trying to find the bathroom in the dark! LOL
So, today...let's talk paranormal!
One lucky commentor will receive a free book of your choice by any author, including me! So, be sure to check back on Friday to see if you've won.
Also, keep coming back each day this week as my tour continues at the Coffee Time Romance Blog! Here's the link: http://coffeetimeromance.com/CoffeeThoughts/
There I'll be talking more about my new book (with the first excerpt revealed) and another prize will be up for grabs!
For the full blog tour schedule this week don't forget to check my website at www.kerrinelson.com!
Thanks for stopping by!

12 comments:
I've always liked the unexplained. My first memories of that are reading Alfred Hitchcock's Three Investigator books and Nancy Drew/Hardy Boys. While there were always explanations by the end of the book, the mystery at the beginning drew me in.
I enjoy reading paranormal books and I also do believe there are unknown events and subjects in the real world. When I was still a young girl we lived in a farm house and every so often you could hear walking in the attic and a chain being dragged across the floor. We were never bothered with anything just the sound and we heard years later, it was said the house was used to hide slaves. Never could get any concrete proof on the slave thing.
Love your new trailer. You did a great job on it. I enjoy trailers as it sort of sets a setting as how the author wrote her story.
"I do believe in spooks, I do believe in spooks."
Yes, Kerri, Dorothy's cowardly lion comes to mind when I think of the paranormal. LIke Beth with Nancy Drew, or Scooby Doo, though, I WANT TO BELIEVE there is more, but the practical side brushes that feeling away saying there must be a logical explanation.
At the same time, there are too many occurrences which defy logic---like that sudden sense of "knowing" or dreams that warn of danger, or that feeling that you're not alone.
I guess I believe in paranormal more as being intuitive, or psychic as some would say. That's not to say that shapeshifters or other strange creatures aren't possible. Think "The Island of Dr. Morreau."
Julie
BTW, Kerri, Very nice video!
Julie
The spirit of the former owner remained in a house we used to live in. He adored my grandson(who was about three then) and my grandson talked to him quite often. When I was young, we lived across the street from an old house with a spirit in it. So, yes, I believe in the paranormal.
I enjoy reading paranormal books and believe there is unexplained things in the world.
Love the new trailer and congrats on your upcoming release!
Awesome, Patsy!
Julie
Kerri! What a great trailer! I can't wait to read this one! I love paranormal as well and its why I love watching certain shows and reading books.
I've had many paranormal stories to tell, one being one that stuck out the most when I was a kid. I was walking a neighbors dog and almost got hit by a car when I felt a presence in front of me. The car have did not hit me and was only inches away from me. Even the dog I was walking just stopped and sat next to me.
your work = awesome! firts off i love the trailor been busy with fmaily stuff havent had a chance to really come on but i have news whih also kind alinks with paranormal i believe in all of that and i adore parnormal works
but anyways on with my brush with the unknown i guess my sisters baby was born 6 weeks early shesnow fighting a long battle to be ok and healthy and strong i was riding the elevator down by my self thinkin i just wish shed be alittle better a lil tougher i seen a image in the mirrors above me whcih for me wa skinda odd but same time im all for it because i know theres more then just us and theirs more then one parallell anyways im thinking this theen i let my thoughts out loud saying please let her be ok went out side as the elevator opened sene the thing nodd wnet out to be with my sister while she smoked came back up because well time for momam to come home while baby rests i went back in the room her heart rate chnaged she ws calmer and her oxigen was allowe dto be reduced so yeah i know someone has a hand on her saying shes gonna be ok
little abby has a long road a head but with out the unexplained no one could explain why shes here
Great trailer! Great job!
Before our guided tour of Duart Castle on the Isle of Mull in Scotland, our three-year-old daughter kept tugging on us, pointing to an old brick wall and asking, "Who is that man in dark clothes?" We didn't see anyone. During the tour, the guide explained that often (right where we'd been standing earlier) some people had seen a man just like our daughter described, wearing medieval clothing. Chills went up our spines!
Also, while we lived in England, we often felt an ice cold breeze blow right through us when we were standing in the kitchen. It could have been a draft, but it always went toward the door instead of coming from the door!
When we returned from England, the lamp in our front yard did some freaky things. The way it's constructed, it's either on or it's off (which means the light bulb has burned out.) There's no switch. There's no way to turn it on and off--unless you take the bulb out. Seems we were always replacing bulbs--I think this was before long-life bulbs! One night, it went out and a new lightbulb didn't fix the problem. It was out for months. We laughed when, on my deceased mother-in-law's birthday, the light came back on. Ha-ha-maybe she's visiting us! But THEN, a month later, we shivered when my father-in-law (her x-husband) came to visit and it went off the second my hubbie pulled into the driveway with him in the car. Okay, coincidence, right? A week later, within the hour my husband took his dad back to the airport, the yard lamp went back on...
I really don't pursue stuff like this in my real life--it freaks me out a little bit. I like to sleep at night! But obviously things like this come our way, whether we want it or not.
BTW, we stayed at The Stanley Hotel in Colorado, the inspiration for Stephen King's The Shining, a few years ago and KNEW we'd "see" something. We scared our kids to pieces! But we didn't see anything. We inspected our photos--and I'd taken hundreds, knowing we'd catch something. But we didn't! So you just never know! :)
BTW, I love reading paranormal novels! Congrats on Soul Searcher!
We have a ghost kitty that shows up from time to time. Though I think he is staying away at the moment since we got a new kitten. :-)
Larena
Post a Comment