Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Happy Birthday to Me! Prize Winners & New Contest!





Today is my birthday! Woot! (insert party dancing here....)

So, I'm actually giving AWAY prizes today in honor of my birthday! How cool is that?

I have the official announcement of the Winning Team in the Baby Bonanza Contest and the prize winner(s) will be announced below.

I also have the announcement of the winner of my huge Author's Promo Pack! Also, announced below.

AND...I have another announcement to make...I just sold a book to Eternal Press set to release in January 2010! It is a hot, new romantic suspense featuring a sexy hockey player entitled "Cross Check My Heart"! Squee!

Lastly, what do I WANT for my birthday?

Well, besides SLEEP and an unending supply of chips & salsa (yummy pregnancy craving)...I would love it if you would vote for me in the new Classic Romance Revival Author's Contest. Each week I'm posting an excerpt to yet another new book entitled "Making the Ghost of It". You'll have from midnight tonight until midnight Sunday night to vote for me each weekend throughout the month of September.

Vote for me each week and then come back here to let me know that you voted and you'll be entered to win a gift certificate (value to be determined based on number of participants!) to the online book seller of your choice! Contest voting ends October 11th! Bonus Prize: If I win the contest which is based on number of votes, one lucky voter will also receive a brand new collector's edition Harley Davidson outdoor grill! So, get to cooking on those votes, ya'll.

Here are the details of where you can find my story (the voting is not up until tonight but you can read my entry for this week now):

http://www.classicromancerevival.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=category&id=79:kerri-nelson&Itemid=193&layout=default



*BONUS BIRTHDAY CONTEST*

On top of all that, if you want to win a prize today all you have to do is guess the time of day that I was born 36 years ago today! The person with the closest time to the actual time of birth will win a beautiful Positive Mind fine fragrance collection (set of 30 incense sticks). This boxed set includes renew energy therapy; create bliss therapy; and be happy therapy. Let's face it...we all need a little therapy!

Get to guessing cause the contest ends tonight at midnight Central time!

AND Don't forget to vote tomorrow at Classic Romance Revival! xoxo

Now, off to do laundry, wash dishes, change diapers, and eat! Real life has to go on...even on your birthday. Hmpppffhh! I just wanted to sit here and eat chips & salsa and daydream about Colin Firth in a wet shirt...and....sigh.


**********Prize Winners***********

Baby Bonanza Contest Winning Team is......

TEAM BLUE!!!!

Can you believe that I'm having a boy? I was shocked beyond belief, let me tell you. Anyway, his name is Cooper and he's kicking up a storm these days (could be from all the salsa).

The biggest sister Brooke has helped me draw a name from all the winners for the grand prize. The prize will be related to my hero character Chase from Soul Searcher which releases NEXT Friday! He's a shape shifting mountain lion and a forest ranger so I'm giving the grand prize winner a gorgeous animal print bath towel. Grrr...

However, my hubby is so thrilled to have another boy in the house that he's offered to send all the runners-up that voted for team blue a "prize pack". I have no clue what he's going to put in there but he works for GE so it might be a light bulb or something. LOL

Here are all the Team Blue Members (winning the votes at 63% coincidentally):

Julie R.; housemouse88; SiNn; starryann.; Babyblue22; PhyllisC; CrystalGB; Angelique N.; robynl; Dani; Pat L.; Karen Michelle; Lexi; Loretta C.

Congrats to the winning team! If you want your mystery/hubby provided runner-up prize pack, please e-mail me at kerribookwriter at Yahoo.com with your snail mail address.

The grand prize winner of the luxury animal print towel is: Karen Michelle Nutt!

Congrats and thanks for all the well wishes from everyone!

---------------------------

Author Promotional Package (Donation for Pump) Giveaway

For all my wonderful author friends who so generously helped me out in this endeavor, my love goes out to you. I'm sending each of you something special in the mail shortly that was designed by myself and my daughter Brooke. The overwhelming response touched my heart deeply and I simply cannot thank you enough.

All the entries were placed in an "old fashioned" drawing and the pump Princess Brooke has drawn the winner....

Here is what the much deserving author will win:

  • Custom Designed Book Trailer for your Book
  • Critique of a Full Manuscript
  • 1 Free Online Class of your Choice (up to $20)
  • Custom Designed Newsletter
  • New Novelist Software (CD-Rom valued $60)
  • 3 months of E-Mail Promotion for your Book
  • Author Spotlight & Interview on my Blog
  • 250 Personalized Business Cards (as designed by me)

And the winner is.....Sharon Donovan! Congrats and may you be blessed in all that you do.

39 comments:

Margie Church said...

Kerri - your contests and promotions are amazing! You inspire me! Congrats on the new contract and the baby boy. I have two of those lurking at my place, too! I'm guessing you were born at 2:37 a.m.

Unknown said...

WHOOOOHOOOOO! CONGRATULATIONS SHARON! Hey Margie, I see you EVERYWHERE! lol

I am guessing the time of day you were born was 3:33pm!

Congratulations Kerri on your new baby, and your new contract! What a year you are having!

Hugs
Val
lastnerve2000@gmail.com

Deanie Roman said...

I think I'm the only person I know who had a totally gross pregnancy craving--I ate it for breakfast, lunch, dinner, dessert, a midnight snack--ad nauseum! Anyway, Happy Birthday Kerri and congratulations too--eat a few chips and salsa for me!

Lexie said...

Happy Birthday! and w00t Team Blue. My godmother Maureen says I have an uncanny knack for guessing the sex of babies. four out of five times. said I should become a midwife XD (um no I don't like what is involved in delivering kids, I hear there's blood. and pain. and blood)

I think you were born...hmm...around 12pm.

Congrats on a baby boy :D he's gonna be so cosseted with two older sisters!

e-mailing you for the hubby prize (XD even if it is a lightbulb, I have 10 lights to fill in my bedroom/bathroom/living room, so its a useful prize still!)

kerribookwriter said...

Hey Margie~~Awe! An inspiration is a wonderful thing to be. Thanks for stopping by and playing. Hugs!

Val~~What's up chica? See now, I'm speaking Spanish from all the salsa! Muy loco!

Lisa!!~~What was the craving you had? Do tell.

Lexie~~You could work as a fortune teller then! How bout that? LOL Yep, hubby is very excited and is already putting together "something cool". Who knows what that will be! Be warned!

Thanks everyone for making me smile today.

Rebecca J Vickery said...

HI Kerri,
What a great name for little Cooper. I'm loving it. I may have to name my next hero after him. I love your contests and super congrats on the newest contract. I will be looking forward to that one.
Congrats to all your contest winners!!!

Rebecca J Vickery said...

Awww shucks, I forgot to say
HaPpY bIrThDaY!!!

I also forgot to guess when you were born. 10:43pm

rebeccajvickery@gmail.com

Gwynlyn said...

Happy Birthday, Kerri. And congrats on your sale and your new addition. May this next year of your life bring only good things to you and yours.

Since you're having a baby boy, I'll guess your time of birth at the time MY baby boy was born: 7:37 a.m

Asylumgirl said...

Hi Kerri! Congrats by the way, for many things! lol

Let's see....you were born at 6:42 p.m.

Deidre

Anonymous said...

Happy Birthday Kerri..today is my niece's 18th b-day. I am guessing that you were born at 8:16am. Congrats on your baby boy..I've got 2 of those driving me crazy

Julie Robinson said...

Woohoo, Kerri! I'm so excited for you!!!
Glad your hubby is thrilled "he's' having a boy. LOL
I know mine was. Tell him thanks for the lagniappe for Team Blue. So if it's a light bulb, I'll just think of all the bright ideas I could have!!

And a very happy b-day to you as well, though a little late, as I just got your message and haven't been on-line all week. So I've got tons of catching up to do. Since I adore incense sticks, I'm going to take a guess: 8:30 p.m.? Can we have more than one?---10:30 a.m.??? Just joking---trying to get an a.m. and p.m. in there. LOL

Anyways, congrats on the Eternal Press sale. Wow! You are on a roll, so keep it up. I love that title too. It just so appropo!

Take care of yourself,
Julie

Julie Robinson said...

Yayyyyyy, Sharon!!! Congratulations on the author win. I am so happy you won.

Congrats to Karen too.

Kerri, you are always so generous and make everything fun.
Julie

Deanie Roman said...

Duh-me! First I'm thinking you were born 1:22 am, and I'd like to know if anyone else ever craved liverwurst and mustard on a plain toasted bagel? bleh!!!

kerribookwriter said...

Rebecca~~Aren't you a sweety? I've always adored the name Cooper. Hope you do use it...I'd buy the book!

Gwynlyn~~Thanks for the lovely message. I wish the same for you, my friend!

DD~~Glad you could stop by and play. Thanks for the congrats!

Reba~~Thanks for the nice message. Now, tell me...just how crazy are these boys making you? I'm getting nervous here! LOL

kerribookwriter said...

Julie~~Hello my sweet friend! I've missed seeing you "around" lately. You must be keeping busy. Thanks for the well wishes and congrats. I just came up with that title in a dream, no joke. I'm so excited about that book! Great to see you! x

Lisa~~Ummm...NO! I don't think I could even be in the same room with anything "liver" related. Oh, my! You are a riot!

Julie Robinson said...

Ugh, Lisa!!

Kerri, I feel like a dolt. I LOVE "Making the Ghost of It" but do not see how to vote for it.

Any clue? I'm sure the answer is right in front of me.
Julie

Isabel Roman said...

Happy Birthday Kerri! And major congrats on the boy. :) You have a busy year ahead of you, lots of good wishes coming your way.

Now for my guess (which I so suck at) 7:27am

Now one question: How'd you get the WIP counter on your blog? I want one lol!

kerribookwriter said...

Okay, party people! I've got to go get my driver's license renewed. Ewe! Like I really want my photo taken!

I'll be back shortly but keep those guesses a comin'! Big kisses!

Lemme answer the 2 questions really quick:

Julie~~You are not wrong! The voting doesn't start until after midnight tonight. Runs all day Saturday and Sunday of each weekend in September. So, check that link tomorrow, please ma'am. Thanks for everything YOU do! xx

Isabel~~You have my neice's name by the way. The WIP counter I stole...I mean...copied...I mean borrowed (yeah, that's the ticket) from NaNoWriMo. It is a writing program that kicks off in October (I think) of every year in which you write a 50K novel within 1 month! Check their website and see if the counter is still there.

Be back soon.

DawnsReadingNook said...

Have a marvelous birthday Kerri. :)

My guess is.....9:09 PM

Raine Delight
rainedelight@yahoo.com

Denise said...

Happy Birthday! Congrats on the new baby boy thats on his way!

Helen Hardt said...

Have the happiest of birthdays, Kerri -- and congratulations on having a boy and on the new contract. Great news!

Helen
www.helensheroes.blogspot.com

Lisa Kessler said...

Happy Birthday!!!

I hope you get all that you wish for!!!

Congratulations on the baby and the book!!! Woot!!

Lisa :)

kerribookwriter said...

~~Hey Raine! Great to see you! Thanks for playing along. :-)

~~Denise--thanks hon!xo I actually mailed YOU a gift today. All those prizes you won from me this summer. LOL Let me know when you get it, eh?

~~Helen! Thank you for the happy wishes and congrats! Great to see you at my blog again. Hugs!

~~LisaK! That's so nice. I appreciate your comments. Best of luck on your FFP pitch!

Judy said...

Congrats on everything. So much going on in your life!!

My guess would be 7:47 a.m.

I was also a September baby!! Great month!!

SiNn said...

congrats on the baby boy!!

and Happy Birthday to you i trust all is well with you and the lil one congrats to hubby as well

my guess is 11:27 pm


you have my address for the hubby prize pack but ill email ya again just in case

Karen Michelle Nutt said...

Just wanted to stop by and wish you Happy Birtday!

lindseye said...

I can hear the noise makers here in Washington state. Have a great day and I am going to guess 944PM.

kerribookwriter said...

~~Hey Judy!! Virgos Rule! Thanks for stopping by and playing!

~~SiNn, great to see you again! You'll definitely get your runner up pack too. Now, I can just throw all those goodies in one big 'ol box! Congrats!

~~Thanks Karen! You won my Baby Bonanza Contest. Please send me your snail mail, hon!

SiNn said...

well ty sweet lady! I hope ya had fun renewing the licence i hate getting my picture taken for mine lol i always come out lookin ten times worse then when i came in

Babyblue22 said...

Happy Birthday Kerri!!
Congrats! Your Husband must be through the roof finally another boy for him to play with..lol
Team Blue Rules!!!
So I'm going to go with 7:00 pm for your time of birth!
~Afshan

Chicks of Characterization said...

Awh, Kerri a little boy!I bet your husband is walking on air! Its never nice to be outnumbered! I'm totally outnumbered!!! But the most important thing is- when lil Cooper is being a shall we say "BOY", and you want to rip your hair out, just remember little boys so LOVE their momma's!! :O) AND I should know becuase I have three of them!

I love the name Cooper! Adorable!

When I was pregnant I craved tacos, and burritos- and I had never liked anything like that before! Weird, eh?

Congratulations on your contract!!

Take care,

Andrea :O)

Oh, I think you were born at 11:43pm

Martha Eskuchen said...

Happy Birthday Kerri!!! Congrats to the winners. A boy! All right! Wonderful!
Hmmm - mountain lion shapeshifter sounds great! Best Wishes!

Martha Eskuchen said...

Oh I forgot to guess when you were born too! I'll say 4:42 am. That is just a WILD GUESS! HA!

dancealertreads.blogspot.com said...

Congratulations on the new baby boy!
I'm guessing Noon!

Best wishes!

dancealert at aol dot com

kerribookwriter said...

~~Greetings lindseye! Thanks for stopping by and partying with me!

~~SiNn--I don't even want to talk about the photo with my chubby preggo face! Ugh!

~~Afshan, thanks for hanging with me today and congrats on the team blue win! Woot!

~~Andrea (the hardest working woman in CHRW) thanks for coming to my party! Hey, I may be turning to you for advice with boys. I'm clueless!

~~MarthE! So great to see you around the blog! Be sure to come back next week for my countdown to release date party!

~~Brenda, glad to see you found your way here and you were my final party goer this year. Hope you'll visit again soon. Hugs!

Anonymous said...

Sorry I missed the chance to wish you Happy Birthday, but I was busy with my daughter who had her little girl that day. :D Hope you had a great day! Thanks to your hubby for the prize pack to the runner-ups on team blue! And to you for sponsoring all the contest.

starryann2000 said...

whoo hoo a boy just knew it would be you guys have my hearty congrats. Hope you have many wonderful days with your boy.

I voted for your book. My guess for you birth time would be 7 pm or there a bout's I am so happy for you that you finally got your boy. It will be a good but different experience raising a boy. One good thing no pms lol

dancealertreads.blogspot.com said...

Happy Birthday!
My guess 1:59 AM

Julie Robinson said...

I voted for you, Kerri! I just had to hold my horses, as my mom used to tell me!

Congratulations, Phyllis C! How wonderful for you and your daughter.
Julie