Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Winners for Wednesday!



Well folks, my parents-in-law are coming to visit today! Eeek!

This means, I have to stop my precious blogging routine and writing goals for today and actually clean my house. Ugh! Cleaning the house is particularly painful for me because I have really bad allergies. When I stir up all that dust, I break out in hives and sometimes have asthma-like symptoms. This is in association with my already raging seasonal allergy symptoms (sniffle, itchy eyes, cough). In fact, I've often said that "Carpe Kleenex" is my motto for Spring time! LOL

Nonetheless, the great news is that I'll be attending a Romance Readers event this weekend. I love this event and this will be my 6th year attending. Although, this year will be my first time attending as a published author and it means so much to me! So today, I also have to get some little promo items ready to give away! I want to make something simple, cute and inexpensive to attach to either my business card or bookmark.

Any ideas? Please share with me some of your ideas and suggestions. I'll be choosing a winner at random but please give me any ideas that you can think of! Obviously, they cannot be things that need to be professionally made (like custom pens or magnets, etc..)

Today's winner will receive a huge goodie bag from my Reader Appreciation event this weekend. These bags are great and always include items such as: free books, bookmarks, keychains, photo frames, candles, candy, and on and on...I'll announce that winner on Monday.

REMINDER! Tomorrow 4/30 is the final day to enter my current Red Carpet Contest. You can see the details on the Contest page of my website (www.kerrinelson.com). I'll try to get online this weekend to post the winner but it will probably be Sunday (5/3) due to my in home visitors and Reader event on Saturday. I have a special announcement about this contest. Everyone, yes EVERYONE who enters the contest will win a prize. That's right! There will be 3 grand prize winners (as indicated on my contest details) but I will also send a small runner-up prize to each and every person who enters! You cannot lose! Wheeeeeee!

Next week, I'll also be announcing some news about my website redesign (+ some new promo sites I'm trying) and my May contest. I'll kick off my celebration party for my 2nd release "Soul Searcher"! Also, I'll be talking all about the wonderful Brenda Novak Auction for Juvenile Diabetes Research. This is near and dear to my heart since my 8 year old daughter was diagnosed with juvenile diabetes at age 2. She's the bravest soul I know. xoxo So, definitely check back next week!

Today, we have WINNERS galore from all my recent blog appearances and contests.

From Emma Lai's blog appearance: Julie R. won an adorable heartshaped magnet clip and Sarah S. won a deliciously sexy jar of body butter!

From "Living the Life of Rejection" Blog at the Author's Studio: Jessa S. won a surprise Kerri Prize Pack (rejection letter not included)

From "It's a lot of Work to Sell your Work" Blog at Authors & Books: Heather L. won a Pink Journal (proceeds go towards breast cancer research)

From the "Bling My Blog Contest" here at my blog: Denisse A. wins the SPA basket!

All the winners should send me your snail mail address to kerribookwriter @yahoo dot com (no spaces)!

All Winners were chosen at random by Virtual Dice online! My daughter loves to click the dice rolling button! LOL

Happy Hump Day! Aaaaachoooooo...........

8 comments:

Margay Leah Justice said...

Since a casino plays a role in your book, why not do something related to that, such as a poker chip or a deck of cards? Or something else symbolic of a casino?

Margay

AuthorIsland.com said...

How about a deck of cards - I've seen them at the dollar store two packs for a buck. But maybe that would be better to give as a bonus if they buy your book???

A cheap thing you can do to make your bookmark stand out is staple a pack of herbal tea to it - You can find a box of about 20 or so bags that are individually sealed for just a couple of bucks. And with the fun names some of those herbal teas have maybe you can find something that will go along with your book theme!

Have fun and good luck with the event - I'm heading to your website to get details so I can post it on our calendar at AuthorIsland!

May you sell lots!!!

And tell any of the authors they're welcome to send me promo items for our goodie boxes :-)

housemouse88 said...

Hello Kerri,

I'm with Margay on this. Why not go with a set of dice, one each of the poker chip amounts, or a set of cards in a nice little bag with a ribbon. Have a great day.

AuthorIsland.com said...

Oh, I just read Margay's comment - how fun to hold a little contest during the event - hand out poker chips with numbers on them and hold a drawing at the end of the event - pulling a number and the reader who has that numbered poker chip wins a small prize (not your book - you're trying to sell those!).

Would be fun, easy and would keep the readers hanging around until the end.

Sheila Deeth said...

I love to imagine your daughter rolling the virtual dice for you.

And now I need to do the dreaded housework too.

Anonymous said...

allergies is quite unpredictable..I'm really afraid with allergies that has fast reaction..

seasonal allergies treatment

Julie Robinson said...

Thank you Kerri! I love magnets and put them all on my fridge. Congrats to the other winners.

I like the dice idea. Maybe instead of dots, you can have little hearts.

Hope the visit with your in-laws was good. I've had a pretty long 3 days and am trying to catch up on emails and getting my blog fix! I feel like I've been away for so long . . . .

Housework is not my forte. Enough said.

Now we all wait in breathless anticipation for the 3 grand prizes. Do I hear a drumroll??
:-)
Julie

Denise said...

Hi Kerri! I would have to say that book marks would be the best to add to your business card. Good luck out there! You will do great! Thank you for the SPA basket. That will be a real treat!