
Happy Cinco de Mayo!
Hola and Good Morning!
I'm having a bit of a hectic week already and I'm so behind in everything! Please forgive the lateness of my Contest Winner mail outs and announcements.
I will get caught up this week. That is my goal! I will succeed in my goal (insert positive thinking here).
Meantime, I've finally posted the winners to my Red Carpet Prize Packs Contest. CONGRATS to the Winners and THANKS to everyone who participated! The Winners are posted on the Contest page of my NEWLY designed website. Check it out and let me know what you think! www.kerrinelson.com
I'm feeling very very stressed out this week. So, I need your help!
I have ONE more promo bag of goodies to give away from my wonderful Reader's Luncheon that I attended this past weekend. It was a blast! I will select a winner from today's comments. Want the bag? Just check out my website and let me know your thoughts on the new design and/or share with me your fave method of relieving stress!
Here is a pic of the bags I snagged from the event and they are chock full of books, bookmarks, magnets, pens, and other such promo-licious goodies!

The other bag goes to the randomly selected winner from last Wednesday's Promo Idea post. Thanks for all the great suggestions. I ended up giving out some of my bookmarks and a little promo card that I created that was attached to play money (for the gambling theme of Miss Taken). I had wonderful positive feedback!
The winner of the first bag is......Margay! Congrats! Please send me your snail mail information. My e-mail address is kerribookwriter @ yahoo.com (no spaces).
Later this week, I'll kick off my May Contest and announce the Celebration party for my new book contract for "Soul Searcher" my sexy paranormal romantic suspense! So, keep checking back.
Hola and Good Morning!
I'm having a bit of a hectic week already and I'm so behind in everything! Please forgive the lateness of my Contest Winner mail outs and announcements.
I will get caught up this week. That is my goal! I will succeed in my goal (insert positive thinking here).
Meantime, I've finally posted the winners to my Red Carpet Prize Packs Contest. CONGRATS to the Winners and THANKS to everyone who participated! The Winners are posted on the Contest page of my NEWLY designed website. Check it out and let me know what you think! www.kerrinelson.com
I'm feeling very very stressed out this week. So, I need your help!
I have ONE more promo bag of goodies to give away from my wonderful Reader's Luncheon that I attended this past weekend. It was a blast! I will select a winner from today's comments. Want the bag? Just check out my website and let me know your thoughts on the new design and/or share with me your fave method of relieving stress!
Here is a pic of the bags I snagged from the event and they are chock full of books, bookmarks, magnets, pens, and other such promo-licious goodies!

The other bag goes to the randomly selected winner from last Wednesday's Promo Idea post. Thanks for all the great suggestions. I ended up giving out some of my bookmarks and a little promo card that I created that was attached to play money (for the gambling theme of Miss Taken). I had wonderful positive feedback!
The winner of the first bag is......Margay! Congrats! Please send me your snail mail information. My e-mail address is kerribookwriter @ yahoo.com (no spaces).
Later this week, I'll kick off my May Contest and announce the Celebration party for my new book contract for "Soul Searcher" my sexy paranormal romantic suspense! So, keep checking back.
Hasta la Vista!

17 comments:
Ooh, can I have that man on the book showing his backside????
Congrats Margay, and congrats to the other winners.
Cool idea, Kerri, about the play money. As for the de-stressing idea, I hide in the bathtub. Light a candle or two (to which my DH inevitably says in panic, 'is something burning???" But I don't care. I submerge myself in scented hot water and just focus on the beauty of the moment---the feel of the water, the smell of the candle and bath scent, and just have a Zen moment, I guess. If there's a book handy, I read it. I find if I add a little epsom salt to the water, it's a great muscle relaxer.
Pulling weeds is a great de-stressor also, or just working in one of my beds. Flower, that is. As well as walking the dogs in the dark with nothing but the frogs croaking in the ditches and the staccatos voicing their thoughts in the trees. Skip every now and then like a kid. It makes you feel silly, but it might make you smile to yourself.
But if you're not privy to a little solitude in your neighborhood, I have found that I tend to go shopping for shoes when I'm stressed. And the more impractical, probably, the better. Petting my cat is also a great de-stressor, as we focus on the moment of bonding.
Reading something funny helps too. May I recommend Jody Wallace's Mean Kitty interviews on Mondays. They always make me smile.
I also make it a point to meet with two of my best friends every other week, at least. As a phone counselor, I can say that I am not used to venting as much because I do more listening. So it's good to have a friend or two, even online, that I can 'talk' to.
Julie
Oh, Kerri, and the way I figure it, everything will still be there. Yes, positive thinking is good, but everything will take care of itself the way it should. Have faith.
You're only human, and you can only do so much. I don't mean to get religious on you, but a friend of mine told me one time: Let Go, Let GoD. And it has brought me immense relief.
BTW, which Readers' Luncheon did you attend? Sorry but I must have missed it.
OH, I just asked my son, who is home early from finals (he got exempted from 3) how he, as a newly turned 18-year old, destresses. Here's what he said: #1---Reading to escape (YES!), #2---Playing video games; and #3 Talking on Facebook with friends. And here, I thought I'd taught him to go pull some weeds!!!
:-)
Julie
Congrats Margay and all the other winners.
Checked out the new website. Like it. It looks brighter and fresh. Have a great day.
Kerri,
BTW, I do like your new blog look. It appeals to the closet Goth in me!
Julie
I know exactly what you mean about stress and how it keeps you from being productive. It erodes your attention span, it makes you unable to focus your concentration on your writing process, and it keeps your mind all wrapped up in your troubles and you can't be freeing up your creative spirit when it's duct taped to a chair in your mind. I have a lot of stress and there are 2 things I try to do for myself that helps to alleviate it, whenever possible (there are some situations in which you just have to say "UNCLE", handle whatever it is, and then get back on your writing horse when it is over). What I do: STOP pressuring myself with lists of commitments, deadlines, and over-optimistic goals. In that case, the more you fail, the worse you feel. Make it easy on yourself and just take "baby" steps until your situation improves. Second: Get some downtime, some "me" time, even if it is 1/2 hour in the morning before the madness begins, or at the end of the day when the world is quiet. DON'T force yourself to write in that time - use it to read, relax, record thoughts in a journal, or just sit in a garden and stare at the sky. I hope some others have some personal remedies for dealing with stress - and I hope yours goes away soon!
A stress relief for me is quiet time. Even 15 minutes by myself with no interruptions can do the trick. Give me a book to read, and I can recharge for anything.
Didn't see the old Website, but I like the new one! Very paranormal-ish. :)
De-stressing 101 for Writers: shouldn't that be a workshop? I suspect many would sign up for it!
I like the hiding in the bath idea, but would add some cordless headphones to it (well, to me, not the bath!) so that the world (a.k.a. husband & kids) couldn't readily intrude!!
Best of luck finding some relaxation in your hectic world, Kerri!
Warmly,
Linda
www.lindapoitevin.com
Kerri, I recommend a hot bath, bath oil, glass of something to drink, headphones, relaxation tape, candle and turn out the lights. Just don't let the candle overflow on the edge of your sink, run down and clog the drain. How do I know this? Don't ask!!!
We remember, Miriam!!!
And we've all learned.
:-)
Julie
hey there!
The new website definitely has that paranormal feel to it.
As far as stress reduction:I hear you. These are a few thing that worked for me the year both my parents were sick (cancer), my mother died, my special-needs son had yet another surgery for his foot, work was hell and I had just moved cross country with three kids under 5--I have twins-- after separating from my husband of then 10 years (we are back together now).
1. Me time. Sometimes it was no more than going in to my room or bathroom, closing the door and lighting a scented candle and just breathing. Seriously. Just focus on the breathing for about 506 minutes, and you will feel calmer.
2. I made my room my sanctuary. It is painted my favorite color, has my choice of sheets and covers. The only electronics are one alarm clock set to chime rather than buzz and my lamp. Oh, and the ceiling fan. No computer, no phone, no pda. I have a rocking chair in one corner and like to read there.
3. I also surround myself in these quiet areas with some of my favorite scents--sweet pea and vanilla. I carry a small spray of the same scent. Since that smell is associated in my head with peace and calm, spraying and smelling that scent triggers the calm feeling.
I get all my smell-pretties, as my son called them when he was younger) from Janice @ www.scentsy.com/candlesncash
I am not affilliated in any way, she just has excellent products and great customer service.
Lastly: I embroider. Not for everyone, but it does relax me. The repetition of the stitches is soothing.
Yoga and stretching work too, as does meditation.
I hope you find something to give you some peace soon!
Feel better
Ruth M
OopS--Make that 5 TO 6 minutes, not 506 minutes--though if you can pull that off, you are the woman!
=)
Ruth M
well done website;
congrats to the winners.
For stress I love having the lights shut off in our living room with only one tubular light on-it is a gauze light with white mini lights inside from top to bottom. I then put on Nature music from the TV and recline in the recliner with my eyes shut and listen to music.
Congrats to the winners! I checked out your new site too Kerri! Nice! Easy to find all too!
I don't get to go far when alot of stress, but I know getting out of the house really helps, usually the library for me. Either taking a book with me or taking one off the shelves in there and cuddling up on a chair and reading! It costs nothing and you get to be in a different environment too! I hope your week gets better for you too!! Looking forward to hearing more about Soul Searcher!!
Kerri, love the blacks and grays of the background on your website. The new release sounds wonderful. Sorry about the stressful week...seems to be going around.lol. Bad one here, too!!
awesome website! I love it. I'm glad things turned out great for you.
Website is awesome! Thanks for the chance to win!
Great website, Kerri!
De-stressing for me usually involves writing...unless writing is what's stressing me out. Then I veg in front of the tv with a favorite movie or read a book.
Post a Comment