Thursday, April 23, 2009

Where the Wild Things Are?

Photo by: Kerri Nelson, Copyright 2009


Hello everyone! Check out this chipmunk in my backyard. Isn't he a cutie? I like him! Speaking of nature photography, the heroine in my first paranormal book has taken up nature photography as a hobby. By night she's a bartender and by day she searches the woods for gorgeous photo opportunities of all things wild! Grrr!

I'm thrilled to announce that...you'll get to read all about it in my second book set to release in September 2009! It is entitled "Soul Searcher" and it is my first paranormal romance to be published! Woot!

Of course, I'll be having a huge celebratory party soon and a huge countdown party later this year. So, please check my website and blog often to participate!

Here are some announcements for you...

Tomorrow on 4/24 I'll be guest blogging at author Emma Lai's blog. Come join us for an interview and chat. Of course, there will be prizes...2 chances to win! Win a heart shaped magnet clip or a delicious jar of body butter. Hope to see you there! Here's the link:

http://www.emmalaiwrites.blogspot.com/



Only a couple more days to enter the Bling my Blog contest for a chance to win a cool spa basket! That contest ends on 4/25 so don't miss out! Here's the original post link for details:

http://kerribookwriter.blogspot.com/2009/04/bling-my-blog-contest-new.html



Lastly, don't forget to get your copy of Miss Taken before 4/30/09 and enter my Red Carpet Prize pack contest. For less than $3 you'll have 3 chances to win one of the awesome prize packs. For details, visit the Contest page of my website here:

www.kerrinelson.com

Have a great weekend everyone!

14 comments:

Julie Robinson said...

September of 09?? That's not too far off. You've obviously been busy. Great premise for a heroine, Kerri! No telling what she'll end up photographing!! Sounds wild to me. Congratulations on your contract. O happy day! :-)

'See' you tomorrow.
Julie

Helen Hardt said...

Wonderful news, Kerri -- congratulations on the contract!

Helen
www.helensheroes.blogspot.com

Kathleen Long said...

Happy news, Kerri! And well-deserved. ;o) Keep up the great writing!

Eliza Knight said...

That's awesome Kerri!!! You totally deserve it. How about your heroine and photography. Can't wait to read it!!!

kerribookwriter said...

Hey Julie!

Thanks for your enthusiasm! I'm thinking of having a big party soon..would you wanna help me co-host it?

I know you're a party animal and all. :-)

Hugs,
Kerri

kerribookwriter said...

Thanks Helen for your comments!

Check you out following my blog now! I'm so honored!

Hugs,
Kerri

kerribookwriter said...

Oooh I love my friend Kathleen! Where have you been, my sweet?

You need to make a trip down south SOON!

Hugs to the babies!!! xoxo

--Kerri

kerribookwriter said...

Hey Mommy Eliza!

Thanks for your support. You are a true friend. :-)

Big smooches,
K.

Chicks of Characterization said...

Congratulations on your contract, Kerri! That's awesome news!!!!

Andrea
CHRW

kerribookwriter said...

Thanks Andrea!

You're a doll. How are the Chicks doing these days?

Big hugs,
Kerri

Sarah Simas said...

Kerri! I'm so happy for you! How exciting!

We'll have to set something up for your book's release. *wink wink* I like your idea for your heroine, too. The book sounds wonderful!

Oh, I'm so thrilled for you! :o)

Julie Robinson said...

You betcha, Kerri! Email me with a date you have in mind. We Cajuns love any excuse to get together with friends (and family) for a party!!

Don't know if you realized it, but the one song I have on MySpace is Where the Wild Things Are. (Metallica)\
I really wanted "I Disappear," but I guess because it's from the movie, Mission Impossible, I wasn't allowed to have that one.
Julie

Linda Poitevin said...

Congratulations, Kerri! You must be thrilled! Going to be a long summer waiting for it, though... :)

Jessa Slade said...

Congrats on the book, Kerri! Exciting times ahead of you. I'm trying to figure out Wordpress too, so I feel your pain. But it's a good pain, right? ;)