
***New Updates!!! See Below!!!***
Welcome to my Week of Winning at the KerriBookWriter Blog! Starting today and running through next Saturday, we'll have Daily Winners! So, be sure to come back each day and participate for more prizes!
Here's the deal...
This is the last week in the TextNovel contest and I've slipped down to number 12 this week! Eeek! I need you to go and vote for me or refer a friend/family member to do the same.
***All the contests this week will require at least one new vote by you or referred by you in order to be eligible to win.***
That being said...Click here for the detailed voting instructions, if needed.
Now, here's how the Week of Winning will work.
All daily contests run from 5 a.m. (Central time) until 11:59 p.m. (Central time) each day. Only votes received during those times each day will make you eligible to win that day's prize. In addition to the vote by you (or a referred person on your behalf), you must participate in the day's topic or event to be eligible! You can win more than once so keep coming back! Contest is open to all readers and authors, too! Also, if you are outside the U.S. and win a daily prize I do reserve the right to substitute the prize for an online gift certificate at my discretion (as shipping outside the U.S. can be expensive).
Here's a sneak peek at the week's event schedule and TODAY's kick-off Contest!
Saturday, October 24th: Winner will receive a 2 free e-books of your choice (any author) OR 1 paperback book of your choice (any author)!
The Event: Make me laugh! Yep, I need a good laugh after this past week. So, tell me your best joke (preferably Halloween/monster themed). Just post it here on the blog along with the username you used to vote today at Text Novel!
Day #1 Update: Some people posted jokes and some people voted but no one did both. As the rules state above, you must do both to qualify for today's prize. A prior vote doesn't count. It must be a new vote by you (OR someone you referred to vote). This is the only way I can move up in the standings. Since no one qualified for this prize yet, it is still up for grabs. I'll extend today's prize until midnight (Central time) on 10/31/09. Good luck! If you've already posted a joke, please refer someone to vote and post their user name here between today and midnight 10/31/09 to qualify!
Sunday, October 25th: Winner will receive: A candle collection gift box!
The Event: Vote for me at TextNovel by tonight and be eligible to win the lighthouse Tote O Books Contest and today's bonus prize! Then...come back here to my blog and leave me your username from the TextNovel vote & tell me your favorite type of Halloween candy!
Day #2 Update: Again, some people posted their fave candy and some people voted but no one did both. A couple of people say they voted but I don't see it showing up under your user name at TextNovel. So, if you have a confirmation message for your subscription from TextNovel dated 10/25 you can forward that to me. As the rules state above, you must do both to qualify for today's prize. A prior vote doesn't count. It must be a new vote by you (OR someone you referred to vote). This is the only way I can move up in the standings. Since no one qualified for this prize yet, it is still up for grabs. I'll extend today's prize until midnight (Central time) on 10/31/09. Good luck! If you've already posted your fave candy, please refer someone to vote and post their user name here between today and midnight 10/31/09 to qualify!
BONUS update: I'll announce the winner in the Tote O' Books Contest this weekend! We did have a winner in that one! Whew! Thanks to all who participated!
Monday, October 26th: Winner will receive: A sweet treat shipment from David's Cookies! They make some of the best brownies around!
The Event: Read my new chapter over at TextNovel and leave me a comment there (you can leave a comment on any individual chapter)! Then, leave me your username that you used to vote & comment with at TextNovel here to be eligible to win!
Day #3 Update: I enjoyed all the lovely comments and sincere thanks to everyone! Oy! BUT no one voted or referred a voter AND commented by the deadline on this day! As the rules state above, you must do both to qualify for today's prize. A prior vote doesn't count. It must be a new vote by you (OR someone you referred to vote). This is the only way I can move up in the standings. Since no one qualified for this prize yet, it is still up for grabs. I'll extend today's prize until midnight (Central time) on 10/31/09. Good luck! P.S. I really really want to give this one away so please refer someone to vote and post a NEW comment for me at Text Novel between today and midnight 10/31/09 to qualify!
Tuesday, October 27th: Winner will receive: Chocolate Lover's Mug O Treats!
The Event: Get me a vote over at TextNovel and then come back here and leave me your favorite EASY recipe! I'm pregnant and HUNGRY!
Day #4 Update: No one entered the contest today so this prize is still up for grabs until midnight on October 31st if you follow the rules to enter. As the rules state above, you must leave me a recipe and NEW vote between today and 10/31 or refer a new voter to qualify for today's prize. A prior vote doesn't count. It must be a new vote by you (OR someone you referred to vote). This is the only way I can move up in the standings. Note: I have moved up from 12th to 10th place but I'm barely hanging on there. The Top 5 are listed on the Home Page of Text Novel and I'm on the second page (in case you want to see the scores).
Added Bonus Update for All PRIZES: My book The Saucy Celt released EARLY today from Whispers Publishing! Anyone who purchases my book and forwards me the receipt between today and 10/31/09 at midnight (Central time) will be AUTOMATICALLY entered into all the drawings this week regardless of your other participation! Woot! This is a spicy short and sells for only $1.95! Click here to purchase!
Wednesday, October 28th: Free Copy of my debut book release Miss Taken!
The Event: Leave a comment for me on my Breast Cancer Awareness post about your favorite Pink Thing! If you've already left a comment then go to www.hanespink.com and create a t-shirt for the cause. It is fun and totally free, just post the link to your t-shirt creation here. This will make you eligible to receive a prize from Hanes as well!
Day #5 Update: All of this week's prizes are still up for grabs! Take advantage and get your entries in by participating here at the blog and getting a new Vote for me at Text Novel. Tomorrow I'll be posting a NEW chapter at Text Novel so stay tuned for that.
As an added bonus: My new trailer for the Saucy Celt is up and running now. You can access if via my website Books page or (click here) for the direct link. Hope you enjoy. Be sure to see the bonus contest I have going on up above under Day #4 Update for the anyone who buys the book between now and 10/31!
Thursday, October 29th: Free Copy of my first paranormal book Soul Searcher for your participation here plus a bonus prize to be given away at the all day Author's Island Halloween Party! Click here for Party Details!
The Event: Participate in my Hallow-win Ghost Story Contest here at the blog! If you haven't already added a sentence...now is the time. If you've already entered a sentence then you just need a vote for me at TextNovel today to be eligible to win today's prize!
Day #6 Update: All of this week's prizes are still up for grabs! Take advantage and get your entries in by participating here at the blog and getting a new Vote for me at Text Novel. Today, I posted my final chapter for the contest over at Text Novel. Hope you enjoy and I'd still love to see your comments over there.
I had a blast at the Author's Island party today and gave away tons of BONUS prizes! Come on over to the Savannah Chase bash tomorrow for more chances to win!
Friday, October 30th: Prize(s) To Be Announced!
The Event: My release day for The Saucy Celt. Attend the blog party here at the blog and participate in that day's events! I'm a featured author in the Savannah Chase 3rd Annual Author Halloween Bash today and I'll celebrate my new release there. Click here for the Cool Commercial!
Day #7 Update: All of this week's prizes are still up for grabs! Take advantage and get your entries in by participating here at the blog and getting a new Vote for me at Text Novel.
Today I'm at the Savannah Chase Halloween Bash. Click here to join in the fun!
I'm giving away 3 BONUS prizes for TODAY only for those who attend the bash and participate. The prizes include a Box O' Books, a Free Copy of one of my books, and a $10 gift card to the bookseller of your choice! Don't miss out!
Today was supposed to be my big release day but the book hit the virtual shelves earlier this week! So, here's the contest going on for that launch:
My book The Saucy Celt released EARLY from Whispers Publishing! Anyone who purchases my book and forwards me the receipt between today and 10/31/09 at midnight (Central time) will be AUTOMATICALLY entered into all the drawings this week regardless of your other participation! Woot! This is a spicy short and sells for only $1.95! Click here to purchase!
Saturday, October 31st: Prize(s) To Be Announced!
The Event: Come join the fun at Mistress Bella's Trick Or Treat Halloween Bash. I'm joining my new author friends from Class Act Books there for an entire day of fun. I'm celebrating the sale of my first Young Adult Romantic Suspense entitled Surviving Truth. Come and participate for a chance to win today's prize. Details provided here at the blog. Check out our cool poster!

22 comments:
Kerri, I already voted for your book and can't vote again. I hope it counts for the day's contest. Will be back tomorrow. susan L.
Hey Kerri,
I'm not allowed to vote again since I already voted and am subscribed to your story...sooo...I don't know if I'm eligible for your contest...but either way I wish you the best of luck!!!
User name on textnovel : s7anna
Here's my joke contribution:
Top Ten Reasons Trick-Or-Treating Is Better Than Sex
10. You're guaranteed to get at least a little something in the sack.
9. If you get tired, wait 10 minutes and go at it again.
8. The uglier you look, the easier it is to get some.
7. You don't have to compliment the person who gave you candy.
6. The person giving you candy doesn't fantasize you're someone else.
5. If you get a stomach ache, it won't last 9 months.
4. If you wear a Batman mask, no one thinks you're kinky.
3. It doesn't matter if kids hear you moaning and groaning.
2. Less guilt the next morning.
1. If you don't get what you want, you can always go next door.
Hey Kerri,
I'm not allowed to vote again since I already voted and am subscribed to your story...sooo...I don't know if I'm eligible for your contest...but either way I wish you the best of luck!!!
User name on textnovel : s7anna
Favourite Halloween candy : mini snickers
I voted using susan L. My favorite Halloween candy is candy corn and the pumpkins that are like hard marshmallow. susan L.
HI Kerri,
I voted as pen name orelukjp0.
My favorite Halloween candy is World's Finest Chocolate. I buy mini bars at the factory store and pass them out. I grew up right next to the factory and love the bars so I always share my love at Halloween.
Kerri, I've also already voted for your book and can't vote again.
I love chocolate.
Halloween Costume Party.
On the night of a Halloween costume party a couple were having trouble picking suitable outfits. After a while the wife got mad and stormed out of the room.
Fifteen minutes later she came back completely naked except for a lemon between her legs. The husband looked at her for a moment and then stormed out of the room himself.
Twenty minutes passed and then he came back himself with a potato around his manhood. His wife gave him a weird look and then the husband replied, "If you're going as a sour-puss, I'm going as a dictator."
A Cabbie & A Nun
A cabbie picks up a nun. She gets into the cab, and the cab driver won't stop staring at her.
She asks him why is he staring and he replies, "I have a question to ask you but I don't want to offend you.
She answers, 'My dear son, you cannot offend me. When you're as old as I am and have been a nun a long as I have, you get a chance to see and hear just about everything. I'm sure that there's nothing you could say or ask that I would find offensive."
"Well, I've always had a fantasy to have a nun kiss me."
She responds, "Well, let's see what we can do about that: #1, you have to be single and #2 you must be Catholic."
The cab driver is very excited and says, "Yes, I am single and I'm Catholic too!"
The nun says "OK, pull into the next alley."
He does and the nun fulfills his fantasy.
But when they get back on the road, the cab driver starts crying. "My dear child, said the nun, why are you crying?"
"Forgive me sister, but I have sinned. I lied, I must confess, I'm married and I'm Jewish."
The nun says, "That's OK, I'm on my way to a Halloween party my outfit is just an old habit."
I voted and subscribed.
user name: (mizztara71)
My favorite Halloween candy is the miniature Reese's Peanut Butter Cups.
I voted for you and became a fan to read updates(tamaraben) Good luck and I am really rooting for you :)
I voted once and can't again.
I love Candy Corn which I just had while watching TV.
Hope I'm not late as it's 11:33 pm. CST my time.
i got 3 friends to vote for you for me i hope it helps you really and truely i poste don the othe rgive away post
rebeccah
grisseller
and i have a love for pop rocks and zots butt for halloween i love reeses
I hope to be entered in the contest I already voted and they won't take another one. susan L.
I voted! I'm simply "Donaya" there.
I left comments earlier today.
mizztara71
I commented on your story and my username is kimmyl
Raspberry Stuffed French Toast With Warm Apricot Sauce Recipe
16 slices firm white sandwich bread
8 ounces whipped cream cheese
1 cup seedless raspberry jam
3 eggs
1 cup half and half
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
1/8 cup vegetable oil
18 ounce jar apricot preserves
5-1/2 ounce can apricot nectar
Directions
1.Preheat oven to 450.
2.Spread cream cheese on 8 slices of bread and seedless raspberry jam on 8 slices of bread making 8 sandwiches.
3.Combine eggs, half and half, nutmeg, vanilla and oil.
4.Dip each sandwich in the egg mixture and place on lightly greased cookie sheet.
5.Bake approximately 5 minutes or until lightly browned then flip and repeat for other side.
6.Cut each sandwich in quarters and layer on plate.
7.Garnish with sliced bananas or berries topped with warm apricot sauce.
8.To make sauce heat preserves with nectar until well blended.
Here's my referral nasreen63shah@yahoo.ca
Hey Kerri!!!
I left you a comment on your story! And then on the last chapter because I think it was suppossed to be a chapter. I think.... Well I did both just in case ;-)
I also sent a new friend over to text novel and she voted & subscribed under username
Tam76
I hope this helps you move up some more!
~Afshan
Afshan522@aol.com
Hi, Kerri,
I just subscribed and voted (I think--I'm a little technologically challenged... ;))
Happy weekend! I'm sorry to have missed your AI and Savannah's parties!
--Fedora
i attended didnt post a whole lot because well im on digest but i did post some awesome event and i got someone to vote for ur story earlier she told me she emailed you as well
bevann941
Post a Comment