
As most of you know, my 8 year old daughter (Brooke) suffers from Type 1 Diabetes also known as Juvenile Diabetes. She was diagnosed at age 2 and this is a lifelong disease with no cure available at the moment. Treatment includes multiple finger sticks and daily injections of insulin (or 24/7 attachment to an insulin pump).
As a 6 year veteran parent of a child with a chronic illness, I'm always looking for ways to improve my child's quality of life and the best way to do this would be to FIND A CURE!
The most recent book that I've written is an inspirational romance that features ghosts (or earthbound spirits) entitled Making the Ghost of It. I've entered this book into the Author Contest at Classic Romance Revival because the winner is guaranteed a publishing contract. I chose this route to publication because it seemed a great way to get feedback on my story and to gain public exposure during the contest.
What most of you don't know (because the excerpts haven't reached that deep into the story yet) is that the story features the ghost of young girl who suffered from diabetes back in the day before insulin was readily available for treatment. I want to share this story with you in the hopes that it will touch your heart as it has my own.
My daughter has taken a special interest in both this story (you can imagine why) and this contest. She has been cheering me on for the past 3 weeks! I promised her that I would try my hardest to get it published so that we can continue to shed light on this terrible chronic illness that affects so many innocent children.
So, she and I have decided that if and when this book gets published that all of the author's proceeds received from this book will go to benefit the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation!
Whether I win this contest or not, I will continue to seek publication of this book.
However, there is ONE more week of voting and every vote counts.
The polls are now open and I've been advised that they will remain open until midnight (Eastern time) on Friday, October 9th!
For those of you who have already been supporting me in the past weeks, I want to sincerely thank you for your time and generosity of spirit!
There are already 2 prizes up for grabs in conjunction with this contest.
1. A gift card to the bookseller of your choice will go to one lucky voter.
2. A collectible Harley Davidson grill will go to one lucky voter IF I win!
In addition to those prizes...
This week, I will randomly select winners for various goodies throughout the last week of voting.
In order to be eligible for any or all of these prizes, you must vote for me this week and let me know that you voted for me! You can post a message here or e-mail me via the Contact page on my website.
I'll announce the winners sometime shortly after October 12th when the results of this Author Contest are announced!
Again, I appreciate all of your support and I hope that you soon get to enjoy the story that is now my own labor of love.
Here are the voting links one more time:
www.classicromancerevival.com (look for the Classic Contests box on the left hand side and click on Vote in Author Contest)
OR
Click here to go the Voting Poll Page.
Hugs & prayers,
K.

9 comments:
Hi Kerri! You have my vote good luck in the contest.
Making The Ghost Of It sounds very good. I have enjoyed reading the excerpts for it. I look forward to this one when it releases :-)
I am very sorry to hear about your daughter. My thoughts & prayers go out to her.
Hugssss
LindaH
Hi Kerri!
I'm sorry to hear about your daughter and my thoughts and prayers are with her!
I have voted for you and good luck on winning the contest!
"Making the Ghost" sounds like a great read and here's hoping it wins!
I dropped by and voted this week for you. There is also another friend in so I voted for her last week. So hard when you know multiple people in a contest. :)
Good luck.
Kerri, I voted for you today.
I'm sorry to hear that such a little person, your daughter, has to have such a big burden.
I went and voted today. THe story has progressed and I still eant to find out what happens next. Good luck.
Hi kerri what a great idea ! and i voted for you as always I will deff be buying this whene ver it comes to publication what a good cause
Hi there Kerri!
Oh gosh, my heart goes out to your daughter. Many blessings to you and your little girl.
Ooo...I can't wait to read your book! It sounds fabulous! I voted for you. Many good wishes that your book wins!
Have a wonderful week!
All the best,
Michele
Thanks for the reminder on the loop today, Kerri. I just voted.
Julie
Voted for you, Kerri. I'm sorry about your daughter and I think what you've done with this book is a wonderful thing. I hope more than ever that you win. I know how it is to be worried for your child. My baby had a seizure that resulted in brain surgery to remove a lesion last Thanksgiving at 1 yr old and I thought he would die. Lucky he's been fine ever since, but people don't realize that children can get sick too with life threatening conditions. Anyway, I see you have the top spot again and when you win and get published you can count on me to buy your book. *Hugs* Billi
Post a Comment