So, you probably all know that October is really Pinktober in an effort to raise awareness for Breast Cancer detection.To support the cause, I'm having a Pink Day Today here on my blog! Tell me about your favorite Pink thing and I'll enter you into a drawing for a Pink Journal (which was designed in honor of Breast Cancer Research and all proceeds from the sales went to this great cause).
My current fave pink thing are my toddler's little tiny pink crocs (shoes). Her Dad bought them for her and she refuses to take them off. She would sleep in them if I'd let her! They are adorable and remind me just how precious life truly is for all of us.
Also, I went over to Hanes.com to create a t-shirt and had a blast. They are running a weekly campaign all month and you can create one too. Here's the link to mine, if you want to check it out!
http://www.hanespink.com/gallery#/design/7589
Have a blast today and be sure to THINK PINK! xoxo

12 comments:
Hi, Kerri!!
Awesome post~~and thanks for the link for the T, I love it!!
I love all things pink, lol. Meade county, where I live, is huge on Breast Cancer Awareness, and they have these awesome signs all over~~the big pink ribbon sign, on a post, with rings of pink flowers around them. I LOVE those signs!! Almost get teary whenever I see one.
Do you visit the Breast Cancer site every day? I click for a cure at least once every day, and of course, for the animals, the true love of my life!
www.thebreastcancersite.com
Thanks for the awesome post!!
Great blog. I've participated in an annual breast cancer awareness event for several years now on my website (yes, shameless promotion). It's such a scary thing, so anything anyone can do to help raise awareness is good. As for a pink thing....hmmm what comes to mind first is my oldest daughter's pink baby blanket (the youngest daughter's is yellow). They both had to have them to sleep with. They still have the blankets, though they are 27 and 22 and (shhhh) still sleep with them.
humm its hard to pick one thing even tho im not a huge pink person i do have a fav pink bear that i sleep with my mom gave it to me when i was sic k a few yrs ago i been sleeping ith it ever since now tho it reminds me how life truelly is special and worth every moment. My greatgranmother died from breast cancer and my grnaftaher just passed from lung cancer so now i do everything ic an to remind my mom to check her boobies and keep her health in order my sister and I do the same its never to early to start to make sure u know whats going on with your body awesome post Keri
Great post, Kerri. My birthmother died from breast cancer when she was just 40 years old. I only had six years with her and miss her everyday. I applaud everyone who works so hard at finding a cure, and everyone who works so hard at keeping the topic in the public eye, raising awareness.
My favorite pink thing... there are so many! I think I'll go with my three kids' perfect pink lungs, my gift to them by quitting smoking when I was pregnant with my first. Hopefully, it also helped improve my own chances of avoiding this terrible disease (not to mention lung cancer, heart disease, etc., etc.)
Enjoyed your site, Kerri. As a veteran cancer nurse, pink month is a mission close to my heart.
My favor pink thing is my pink, piggy, baby pillow. It was given to me at birth by my godparents and is .... let's just say it's old. LOL. I used to keep it out on my bed all the time. My new dog is a maltese that climbs like a mountain goat, so I've had to put it away. She thinks anything stuffed and small enough to fit her mouth is free game.
Good luck with the SC contest.
Mary
That's great Kerri! I voted for you! I also made one myself!
Hi Kerri, I went on here to tell you what my favorite pink item is and discovered I had even more than I thought. Chassily's pink lung for her 3 children reminded me I have done that for my four children. Amazing what you do and don't even think about the future. I have a mother who had cancer three times and two sisters who had. Just last week I went with my one sister as she went to have spots of skin cancer removed from her upper chest area. It was some tense moments and many prayers later. So far it looks good and the doctor feels he got it all. Still praying he is right..she returns in Nov. for a follow up and hope and pray the news is good. I also vote for cancer and the animals site. I have gotten three pink tops I wear in honor of all cancer patients and the fight for a cure..plus have pins and my name tag at work has the pink ribbon so all my customers can see my support to the cure of cancer. Bless you and everyone for all your support.
i support breast cancer awareness and click for the cure. My favorite pink thing is my pink blankey. my great grandma made it for me when i was small and then enlarged it for me when i got older. I still use it to this day.
When you were talking about pink things, it brought me back to when I was a kid and had pink cotton candy.
I'm not really a pink person. But my favorite pink item is the cap with pins that my best friend wore when we walked the Race for a Cure.
Anita had beast cancer and was cancer free for nine years. She develope a cough and just thought it was allergies. It wasn't. She had lung cancer and passed away in 2005. When I walk for the Cure I pin the cap to my back with her name. I know in my heart that she knows I'm walking for her.
favorite pink thing is the bejewelled pink ribbon pin my youngest sister gave me and my other sister after Mom passed away from Breast Cancer.
I now have Breast cancer and have just finished 25 Radiation treatments. Ouch, the skin is way red and sore.
I like Pink lemon aid.its cool and refreshing when you live in a hot place like Ca.
sasluvbooks@yahoo.com
Post a Comment