
Dear friends:
Due to some end of pregnancy complications and the emotional stress of my elimination from the 8 month long TextNovel Dorchester contest...I feel incredibly exhausted, disappointed and utterly heartbroken.
So, in order to recover both my mental and physical health...I will be on a semi-hiatus status until after the baby comes and my heart/mind/body recovers.
Thank you to everyone for your support and encouragement along the way.

8 comments:
Do what you need to Kerri, I'm so sorry you had to deal with the stress of the contest and pregnancy issues.
You are a fab writer and I would be happy to beta read for you any time!
Take care of yourself doll, my thoughts and prayers are with you and your family.
im so sorry sweetie that you didnt win u should have id of baught a slew of books ull get it published tho take care of ur self and thatbaby
Kerri,
Your book was amazing. I'm so sorry that you were eliminated.
God, I'm also sorry that you're dealing with all of this stress and complications.
Take care of yourself, doll.
Wait, it looks like that's what Jenn said. But I mean it just as much.
You need an ear or a shoulder, you know we're just an email away. *hugs*
Praying that all the complications get resolved. Wishing for the best, take care and think positive. Remember - most important (though, you are allowed to feel disappointed) - your baby's almost here.
When you are ready, revise -- that you made it to the finalists is vindication of the quality of your work. You will succeed. All best wishes for your good health and your child's -- and absolute certainty that you will succeed if you persist. Hope the rest proves restorative.
Kerri - I'm sorry you're having trouble with your pregnancy - in addition to getting cut from Next Best Celler, which I can say from experience, totally sucks. Your book is great and you'll surely find a home for it once the dust settles. In the meantime, take care of yourself. Your writing friends are all keeping you in our thoughts.
Kerri - you know my thoughts and I'm glad we're email buddies. You'll be missed while on hiatus and if you're bored start blogging - because we'll all be looking for posts about your health and the health of your new bundle of joy.
First, second, third - in the end we beat a heck of a lot of talent to come this far and that speaks HUGE volumes about our work.
You've picked me up when I was down, you've helped me understand the why's behind all the crap I'm going through and you've offered the gift of friendship to me. Priceless in the big scheme of things and I'm grateful to you for it all.
You need a frozen meal sent your way for healthy eating on bed rest you just drop me a line ;-)
Before you know it your son will be here and life will change forever! Bring a note book to bed and write down all those brilliant ideas that come to you, after all, you'll need something fun to write during nap times! Who the hell wants to clean?
~hugs~ to my ledgemate - it's scary and I'm glad you were here for me when I needed it. I'll be here for you too - I'll catch you in email, babe!
Now go back to bed or I'll tell your husband! ;-)
Hugs Kerri!!!
So sorry about the contest, but you know better than to give up hope! Never know who all learned about you during those 8 months...when one door closes and all that!
And prayers that all goes well for you and the baby. Take care of yourself.
Oh, and HAPPY RELEASE DAY!!!! YOUR VERY FIRST BOOK IN PRINT!!!!!
Hope SURVIVING TRUTH is your biggest seller yet!!
Post a Comment