
Happy Monday & I'm still hanging in here! Just wanted to pop by while on my "semi-hiatus" to give my friends an update. Yes, I'm still waiting on the arrival of my own little alpha hero. He's still hanging around in my big belly sized condo. Perhaps, the accommodations were too good to give up after all? I'll send along any new information as I know it. I'm having some good days and some bad days but the clock is definitely ticking...
In the meantime, I wanted to tell you about my new book entitled Surviving Truth that is under my brand new pen name (K.G. Summers) that was created for my Young Adult line of books. This was done because my daughter asked me for something that she could read that I had written. When I thought about it...I realized...hmmm...guess my sexy paranormals and my erotic suspense are not appropriate. So, I've written a few things that she can read and share with others.
The first up is a romantic suspense full of mystery & one wild summer in Texas. I had a blast writing this book and it just released on Friday! You can pick up your copy in e-book or print from Class Act Books and here's the cover...

I'm also taking suggestions for a kickin' new contest that I can use on my new website (www.kgsummers.com) to help attract the young adult audience. Anyone with suggestions? I'd love to hear 'em. Despite surviving life with my teenage step son, none of my other children are teens YET. So, I'd love to hear from you parents out there with teens. Ask them what would be a cool contest for my new website and let me know!
Other than that...I'm still designing custom book trailers and I'm even giving one away for the annual Brenda Novak Juvenile Diabetes Auction (which my 9 year old was diagnosed with at age 2). I'm also giving away a year of promotion at my author promotion site The Book Boost (www.thebookboost.com) & a Win Your Name in a Book prize! The auction is coming up in May and be sure to check Brenda's website (www.brendanovak.com) for details a little closer time.
One of my very own trailers that I designed for my own book is up on the Pen & Muse Blog book trailer contest. If you have not checked out this blog, you must get over there immediately. My friend Denisse runs this amazing blog and it is more than worth checking out. I hear that she is looking for book reviewers & that she is offering up custom designed newsletters too.
While you are there, I encourage you to check out my trailer for "Soul Searcher" which was my first published paranormal novella set in sexy, sultry Salem, South Carolina (yes, a real place!) and it is Entry #23 if you have not already voted and want to zing one my way...I'd be thrilled. Here's the link to view the entries.
To vote, you must send an e-mail with Entry #23 in the subject line to the following address:
thepenmuse@gmail.com
Guess that's all for now...I'm back to "resting" now and waiting for my next NEW RELEASE which will be coming in the form of gurgles, spit-up, crying, and more diapers than you can count...

8 comments:
Hang in there Kerri!!!! :)
Congratulations on the new YA book too!!!
*HUGS*
Lisa :)
So excited about your new release! Congrats! I'll stop by and check out the contest too - how could I not spare a vote for my ledgemate? Good luck!
Kerri,
Hang in there...as you know the rewards are worth the trouble!
I didn't know your daughter was diabetic...my youngest is as well...and he was 15 when diagnosed. He's been a pain ever since...LOL! But we're lucky as he's been a very well managed diabetic with few ups and downs.
Congrats on your new release! Young adult is a very exciting area to be in right now. I just wish I had one in me...LOL!
And I promise to get the book trailer information to you very, very soon!
Lynn
Kerri, I love the cover of your new book. Bev did a great job with it.
I, too, have the same problem about my kids wondering just what is between the covers of those books. My oldest is in 15 and some of his girlfriends have told me they want to read Awakening Allaire and Avenging Allaire and I'm really against that. Neither book is for young adults. I have a children's book coming out this spring and my youngest is so excited because I wrote it just for him. I wrote it under a pen name, too. It'll be vastly easier to promote it to the right audience that way, too. I'm thinking about a young adult story, but I doubt my boys are interested in romance novels and frankly, I'm fine with that!
Good luck with baby and please keep in touch!
Kerri, hang in there and try and get some rest..remember later you won't have much for a few months. ha I do hope things are going well for you since you are geting bed rest. susan L.
Hi Kerri...Just rest up! We will always be here. And major congrats!
Oh I am following you under my real name but somehow Google is having me comment here under my pen name, prolly because I also have a blog on blogger.
Kerri, I hope I'm not too late, but I just sent in my vote.
Good luck and Congrats on your new book.
As far as the contest goes, I'll be interested to see what you come up with! Sorry, I just can't think of anything right now. In the way of prizes, I'd offer a small ITunes gift card, possibly, but I don't know what they'd have to do---possibly answer a question from the book or from the excerpt?
Julie
Post a Comment