Sunday, January 24, 2010

Got Baby? Call for Submissions--Non Fiction Book!


Alrighty then! I'm still here and baby boy is still camping out in Mom's comfy condo...gorging out on all the chips and salsa that I'm still consuming on a daily basis! So, no new baby news YET!

However, I have a new project that has just been given the GREEN LIGHT!

Being inspired by my 3rd (and FINAL) pregnancy...I've come up with a new book project that will be produced this year. I've been commissioned by a non-fiction publisher to write a book of real life birth stories. Have one you'd like to share? Get your story published in my book!

Here are the details:

For those of you who don't know, I was once upon a time a Certified Childbirth Educator (educated at Wake Forest University School of Medicine). So, I have both personal and professional experience in the field.

So, now I'm looking for stories to fill the pages of my first non-fiction project. Here's the deal:

1. Stories must be 10,000 words or less;
2. You can submit more than one story;
3. If your story is chosen for the book, you'll receive a flat rate compensation from the publisher (amount to be determined) but no royalties;
4. You may choose to use a pen name or pseudonym for your story if you don't want your "personal" details published;
5. All types of birth stories are welcome including c-sections, multiple births, etc...;
6. Deadline for birth story submissions is February 26, 2010 ;
7. The publisher is looking for real birth stories (non-fiction) so please keep that in mind although...the fact that some of you are fiction writers will definitely make your stories highly entertaining. ..I'm sure; and
8. Please submit your story directly to me with your real name, pen name (or name that you want to use on the story), contact e-mail address, final word count in the body of the e-mail (subject line: Birth Story Submission) and your story attached as a Word.doc. You will be contacted if your story is chosen and further details will follow. Stories submitted to me via e-mail at kerribookwriter(at)yahoo.com.


Feel free to spread the word! You can ask questions here on the blog or e-mail me privately at kerribookwriter (at) yahoo.com. Either way, I'll respond as soon as I can.

Can't wait to read your stories!

I'll be back with an update after my big "D" day! xoxo

3 comments:

Unknown said...

That sounds very exciting! I'll see if I can find time to scribble something to submit. I love sharing my birth stories. I love reading them too, so this will definitely be on my "to buy" list.

Jennifer L Hart said...

Mine will then be placed on condom boxes as a dire warning to practice safe sex. One 9.10 lb baby and one 10.12 lb!

Unknown said...

Great idea! Mine is one of those stories you don't tell new mothers - 35 hours long and lots of awfulness. I have to ask my husband for details because I've blocked the worst parts out ;-) Only way to get baby #2!!

How are you feeling chiquita? Seven days and counting!!