Monday, March 15, 2010

Missing?

Where in the world is Kerri these days?

Hello folks! Just realized that I haven't blogged here in forever and a day. I have been blogging but at my sister blog for my author promo biz The Book Boost. I've been trying to amp things up for my client authors and for my own book trailer business.

If you haven't checked it out, be sure to do so. Here's the link to the new blog. Click here to visit the Book Boost Blog. We have something for everyone there.

If you're a reader, you can find lots of great authors and their books plus interviews, guest blogs, & weekly prizes. Not to mention Freebie Fridays!

If you're an aspiring author, you can find a HUGE prize pack up for grabs during the next week just for participating in my Journey to the Call blog posts. Don't miss this!

If you're an author, you can enter one of the many weekly contests including Best Tag Line (now accepting entries) in order to win FREE promotion at TheBookBoost.com! Be sure to check it out!

Other than that, I'm working to promote my current releases, edit my upcoming releases, and write a synopsis for my next WIP. Of course I'm doing all those projects with the huge amount of free time that I have every day. NOT! :-p

As the mother of 3 including a new born, here's what my daily "to do" list looks like:

  1. Feed the Baby
  2. Burp the Baby
  3. Change the Baby
  4. Soothe the Baby
  5. Attempt to Potty Train the Toddler
  6. Change the Toddler
  7. Feed the Toddler
  8. Argue with the Toddler ("not everything is YOURS!")
  9. Check Blood Sugar of my 9 year old
  10. Feed the 9 year old
  11. Give the 9 year old insulin
  12. Argue with 9 year old about cleaning of disaster area room (futile effort)
  13. Take 9 year old to school
  14. Repeat steps 1 through 8
  15. Get Baby & Toddler down for nap
  16. Attempt to take a shower in relative peace (good luck on this one)
  17. Load 2 little ones in car and proceed to school to check 9 year old's blood sugar for lunchtime & give insulin
  18. Return home to chorus of crying from extreme hunger (the children--not me--although I'm on a postpartum diet and always hungry)
  19. Repeat Steps 1 through 8
  20. Try to get some writing/work done (fail miserably)
  21. Pick up 9 year old from school
  22. Yell at 9 year old and toddler in the back seat to STOP all that Yelling (they wake the baby anyway)!
  23. Clean up house & get dishes/bottles & laundry done (done? yeah, right...in my dreams)
  24. Phone call from hubby (he'll be late from work again--who can blame him?)
  25. Repeat steps 1 through 12
  26. Act as an "unreasonable parent" when I dare suggest that 9 year old do homework and clean room instead of talk to friends on the phone (Listen to the "But Mom!" Chorus)
  27. Get Toddler ready for bed (a 1 hour process of bathing, reading books, etc...)
  28. Catch a brief glimpse of the man I married as he hands the Baby off to me and then goes to bed (he has a tough life)
  29. Collapse in bed after the umpteenth feeding, burping, changing of baby
  30. Hear crying and jolt out of bed (it could be any of the kids--your guess is as good as mine)
  31. Rinse. Repeat.

Love to all,
Kerri a/k/a Sleepless in the South

11 comments:

Beth Caudill said...

Sounds what life used to be...except now with kids in school, hubby becomes a distraction because he works from home...now that kids are in school.

Then there are all the after school sports practices. When do they go off to college?

Boone Brux said...

I'm tired after reading your blog. I have two eight yr. olds and they are both top negotiators when they want or don't want to do something. The winter they were born our water froze for three months. Two new borns and having to haul water... I don't remember any of it. I think I blocked it. Friends tell me I was super mom. I think they're lying to make me feel better. I have no memory or proof of what they say besides the fact that my children are still alive. I am bowing down in awe to you.
And can I just add that SPRING BREAK IS OVER!!!!!!! Just put the kids on the bus and waved them on to a happy day of learning. I would be excited about free time to write, but my house looks like a tornado blew through. Guess I'll do that today. It's a never ending list of chores. I'm wishing you long, uniterrupted hours of sleep.

Boone Brux said...

It seems I can't write today either. Please disreguard all the spelling mistakes.

Aimee said...

Bless you. I think I need a nap after reading this post.

Unknown said...

Oh yeah, being a mom is exhausting work! Find a minute (I know, I know) to take a deep breath and know that this crazy life will one day be a memory...

Until then, smile, you're doing a fab job woman!!!

Eliza Knight said...

Minus the insulin, your days sounds EXACTLY like mine!!!! Passing you a nice glass of mommy's time out wine :)

Susan Macatee said...

Boy, Kerri! That sounds like my past life, except for the writing part. I wouldn't even have attempted it back then! Waited until my youngest started kindergarten so I'd have a least a few hours of uninterrupted time.

My hat's off to you!

Susan Macatee said...

Oops! Forgot to say, minus the insulin too!

Anonymous said...

Oh my goodness. You are sounding sooo busy!! Hang in there.

Julie Robinson said...

Kerri, I feel exhausted just reading this list!!
I don't know how you keep up with all your contests, etc. You must be so organized!!
Julie

Lynn Crain said...

Wow! That's lots to do.

Good luck with it all!

Lynn