Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Finally...THE CALL!


So, for those of you who haven't heard my GREAT, FANTASTIC, AMAZING, THRILLING news yet...I GOT THE CALL! Yep, I've been wanting to utter (uh, type) those four words for years (make that 15+ years)!

Yes, I was already "published" in the true sense of the word BUT not with a full, industry recognized, book length fiction work that will be distributed worldwide. Therefore, despite my other available works...I still feel like a brand new author. How does it feel?

Well, in the immortal words of the evil Mayor from Buffy (I just watched Season 3 of Buffy!) "By golly, it feels just swell." :-D


Some of you have written to me asking for details and I'm going to post some of them here today. I had to delay in the posting of details due to a couple of business details that needed "squaring away" first.


BUT now I'm safe in telling you that I sold my much hyped and much loved (by fans & friends alike) paranormal romantic suspense novel COURTING DEMONS!

Yep, my paranormal romantic suspense featuring the infamous Paisley who turns her cheating husband into a rat...literally...

What NY publisher gave me the official CALL and offered to publish my book?

Some folks have already guessed correctly and one friend from my FF&P chapter even predicted it over a month ago with incredible accuracy (BB, are you sure you're not psychic?)....

In early to mid 2011, Courting Demons will actually hit the shelves in a bookstore near you as published by...(insert drum roll)

Dorchester Publishing!

Squeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!

Now that the beans have been spilled and I've squeeeeed... I want to tell you 3 things...

1. A true and sincere thank you to each and everyone of you who voted for this story, commented on this story, listened to my rants and raves, and gave me the encouragement that I needed to keep going over the past year. Each of you are special to me and I simply couldn't have done it without you. I love each and every one of my readers, fans, friends, and author/chapter mates.

2. For those of you still waiting on the call...I'm proof that no matter how long you write and how hard you try and how many times you get rejected on your way to "the big time"...never give up! Just a few weeks ago, I was convinced that e-books with smaller presses was going to be it for me. That's not a bad thing (in fact, I highly recommend it) but it is not what I'd dreamed of for the past decade and a half that I've pursued NY publication. So, if it can happen for me after all this time...it can happen for you. Just keep writing and keep submitting. Keep honing your craft and keep coming back for more (even if it comes in the form of rejections). Never give up...even when your heart is broken and you're weary from the journey. If you want it bad enough...you'll get there.

3. For anyone who'd like to read more about my "Journey to the Call", please follow my journey starting next Monday (03/08/10) on the Book Boost Blog (www.thebookboost.blogspot.com). I'll be posting 3 weeks of blog posts about my personal journey with advice, links, references, and fun prizes to win for those who follow me all 3 weeks! Be sure to check it out!


Now, back to reality...my first priority and the toughest job I've ever loved...being a Mommy to 3 delightful children.

  • My nine year old daughter (who is wise beyond her years, has the messiest room on planet Earth and my true hero for facing the daily battle with Juvenile Diabetes and kicking its bootie);
  • My 22 month old daughter (who simultaneously precocious & precious, just now entering the terrible twos, and whose fave word is "MINE!"); and
  • My 4 week old son (who is somehow the best behaved and most predictable of all 3 children right now and the thief of both my heart & my sleep)
AND I just THOUGHT that getting published was a difficult challenge. Hmphh!

51 comments:

Sidney Ayers said...

YAY!!! Great things are happening for us FFPers!! Woo hoo! Congrats and I can't wait to see Courting Demons on the bookshelf!

When will it be released?

kerribookwriter said...

Thanks Sidney!

Early to mid 2011 is what I'm told on the release date.

Nicole North said...

Woohoo!!!!!!!! Congratulations Kerri!!!!

Sidney Ayers said...

Mine's coming out in Spring of 2011, maybe we can work something out. LOL

kerribookwriter said...

Thanks Nicole! Big hugs, my friend!

kerribookwriter said...

Cool Sidney! With Dorchester?

Unknown said...

Congrats!! :D

Sidney Ayers said...

No, Sourcebooks. I'm Arianna Skye's better side. LMAO!

Lisa Kessler said...

Congratulations Kerri!!!!

I'm so happy for you!!!! :)

Have fun with the baby and the book!!!

*HUGS*

Lisa :)

Lisa Kessler said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Leanna Renee Hieber said...

YYYYYAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!! My Dorchester sister! As a gal who also had a long journey towards this same goal, I understand and appreciate everything you've said, and I can't wait to see you explode onto the scene and we'll be here for you, clapping all the way! Congratulations, it's such a great feeling, revel in it! *happy dancing for you*

LynnRush said...

FANTASTIC!! What a great story. :-)

Unknown said...

What a great story!!! And with a wonderful HEA, I love it!

Mega-congrats!

Monica Burns said...

Delighted for your Kerri!! WTG

Judi said...

Kerri, I'm so excited for you. I assume this was this the book that just missed in the Dorchester competition. Am I right. Big hugs to you and all your chicklings.

Unknown said...

How exciting! I'm so happy for you!

Andrea I said...

Congratulations! I can't wait for it to come out.

Unknown said...

Congrats! I'm so happy for you!! Funny, I just stopped by your blog yesterday and saw no action... I was about to drop you a line and wondered what was going on and then WHAMO!

WOW!! Now I see why I haven't heard from you (juggling all of this with a new born?!?) So happy for you my friend.

Great things are on the horizon for you, I can just feel it!

kerribookwriter said...

Sidney/Arianna a/k/a "thee of many names"!

Oy!

Yes, we should do a big release party thing-a-ma-jig for us first timers!

kerribookwriter said...

Thanks mynfel!

kerribookwriter said...

Rock on, Lisa K.! Thanks 4 always being there 4 little old me. xoxo

kerribookwriter said...

Leanna, you're the bomb babe! So proud to join the Dorchester family. I'm definitely among some extremely talented folks.

Thanks for the shout out!

kerribookwriter said...

Thanx Lynn! Glad you can post over here! :-)

kerribookwriter said...

Alannah, thanks so much. Now I just have to figure out how to write the next book while holding the baby! LOL

kerribookwriter said...

Thanks Monica! I aspire to just be in the same ballpark with you, my friend!

kerribookwriter said...

Hey Judi,

You're not wrong. This is the book that survived the nearly year long contest..didn't win...but still lived to tell the tale!

Thanks for the kudos!

kerribookwriter said...

Much appreciation, Jena! Thanks for stopping by!

kerribookwriter said...

Andrea, you and me both...BUT I'm in for a little bit of a wait. Kind of like being pregnant again! LOL

kerribookwriter said...

Dear CJ, both of our horizons are suddenly looking brighter it seems.

Now if we can both start feeling better then maybe we can enjoy the fruits of our labor, eh?

Thanks for just being there for me.

xoxo

Anonymous said...

Kerri!!! I'm still so proud of you! I had such a good feeling about this and I'm glad I was right. Ride that star, girl!
Mary
http://marymccall.wordpress.com/

Vicky B said...

OMG CONGRATS! Man, I can't wait for THE CALL. I can't even imagine what you're feeling right now!!

kerribookwriter said...

Hey Mary!

Yep, I know you've been on my side the whole time. Thank you for your support and friendship. You mean the world to me.

xoxo, K.

kerribookwriter said...

Vicky,

Thanks for the props! Yes, it feels pretty darn cool, I must say.

Still a little bit in disbelief...hope they don't change their mind. Oy!

:-)

Gerri Bowen said...

This is great, Kerri! You did it and congratulations!

Jessa Slade said...

Woo-hooooo! Sleep is for wimps! Early/mid 2011 will be here before you know it. Congratulations!

SiNn said...

Yay!!!! now i get to know what happends lol im seriously on pins and needles i cnat wiat to read this book congrats Kerri you totally deserve it !

Jennifer L Hart said...

Yeah!!!!! Super Duper happy for you!

Anonymous said...

Congrats, Kerri!

Kelley Heckart said...

Kerri,

I am really happy for you. Wishing you much success at Dorchester.

Kelley
kelleyheckart.com

kerribookwriter said...

Hey Gerri,

Thanks for the shout out! I'm totally psyched about it! :-)

--K.

kerribookwriter said...

Thanks Jessa, my friend!

It means a lot that you stopped by. Tell me about it...time flies when you are juggling 3 youngsters.

If I can just find time to get my hair colored again--I'll be so happy! LOL

xoxo,
K.

kerribookwriter said...

Hey Sinn,

I've not seen you around lately. Hope things are going well for you, sweetie.

Give me a shout out on e-mail when you have time. Keep in touch.

Hugs,
K.

kerribookwriter said...

Jenn!

Glad you stopped by. I appreciate the Tweets too!

Thanks & Hugs,
K.

kerribookwriter said...

Thanks Toni! I really appreciate the kudos. :-)

kerribookwriter said...

Hey Kelley!

There's my Author's Studio comrade! Great to see you and hope your chat went well over the weekend.

Irish eyes and lips are a'smilin!

Hugs,
K.

A Nice Girl Who Got Burned Bad said...

Thanks for sharing and best of luck to you!!
Kimberly Keys

Unknown said...

Congrats!

Cara Carnes said...

Huge congrats!!!!!!

Christie Craig said...

Kerri,

Congrats on getting that call!!! I know you are tickled pink!!!


Christie Craig

P.S. You won a book over at Killer Fiction. The contact info is posted on top of the blog.

Julie Robinson said...

Kerri,

In case I hadn't said it before, CONGRATULATIONS!!!
I am so thrilled for you.
Julie

Julie Robinson said...

BTW, Kerri, I've been a bit out of the loop lately, but wanted to stop by and see how things were with you. I know you've been VERY busy. The fact that you've accomplished so much with all that goes on in your life is remarkable.
Julie