
Feeling CRABBY!
This was my worst day yet, my friends. Last minute urgencies before our departure and then a trip full of bickering kids and a Mamma-sized migraine to boot left me with my smallest word count of the day since I began. But I did write today and that is what it is all about.
Still made tiny sand crab clawprints in my WIP.
Here's how I did...
Day #8
2:11 p.m.
On the road for our end of summer trip. Will try to get some writing done despite the fact that I’ve made it this late in the day without so much as a word. 5K is doubtful with 3 kids crammed together like sardines in the back seat and a migraine headache brewing in my forehead region but I’ll give it the old college try. Like when I was in college and waited until the night before final exams to cram. Ha!
2:31 p.m. Update
637 words accomplished on my first “car typing jaunt” have a new appreciation for Dawn and her daily bouncing keyboard challenges! Must deal with fussy children and race car driving style hubby…back in a minute to make a thousand.
3:53 p.m. Update
McDonald’s break and two tantrums later (the kids tantrums—not mine) I’ve boosted my daily word count up to only 1360 and I consider that brilliant progress. Back later.
But I never made it back and now I'm all tuckered out. Kids are in bed and that's where I'm headed...6 hours from home. I miss my bed. Tomorrow I'll kick this challenge's bootie.
Night ya'll.

2 comments:
I did a lot better than I thought I would for today. It is not easy trying to type while riding down the roads, but at least I only have the race car driving hubby to deal with, I could not imagine getting much done at all with the kids in the car too. Plus it may be bumpier in the truck than in a car but I have more room and if I need to I can take the laptop back to the bed and stretch out. My grand total for today, on a WIP that I think is going to end up being a shorter book than my other ones, 80-100K instead of the 180K that my other two completed books are. My total for today is short of the 5000 but I am pleased with it nonetheless. 3451 which is more than I thought I would get with as little actual time that I spent writing. Look forward to tomorrow which hopefully will be better. I have to start doing a ton extra if I am going to make it to the 50K total at the end.
Congrats for all those words on the go! Wrapped up yesterday with 2045, and today I'm ending a full day of family and friends time with a whopping 2580 words. I feel really happy with the progress, even if it's only halfway to the 5k. But the words were better than usual. I'll even be able to use some when I get to revisions...;) Have a good night--Time for me to relax with the hubby!
Post a Comment