
Going Halfsies (Half Crazy? At least!)
Ever have one of those days that just keeps getting derailed? That was my day. I hope you all had a much better day.
Here's how I did...
Day #7
11:50 a.m.
As you can see by the time, I'm super late reporting in. Spent the morning in a sleep deprived stupor fueled by raging PMS and further exacerbated by a trip to the U.S. Postal Service where the cost of mailing five packages was in the range of my house payment. Back home to deal with some publisher matters and just realized the entire morning is gone and I’ve written----ZERO words thus far today. Will try to sprint throughout the afternoon but I must pack to head out of town and 5K seems an impossibility. Oy!
2:52 p.m. Update
Got to 650 words after dishes, diapers, and assorted paperwork. Not gonna make it all the way today but too tired to beat myself up over it. Will strive for half way today. Who wants to go halfsies with me? 2500 here I come.
4:21 p.m. Update
Dragged myself up to 1521 for my latest total and the end of the work day is drawing nigh. That’s a word that’s not used that often anymore—nigh. Very Shakesperian? Anyway, I’ve been distracted by putting together my RWA paperwork to run for National office. I don’t know if I really have a shot at it. I guess it will depend on who all is running for the position. But I’d like to do my part to give back to the organization. We’ll see how it goes.
Must do a little laundry and then I’ll be back. P.S. Just completed my 200th page of my manuscript. Woot!
6:19 p.m. Update
Checking in at 2262
7:22 p.m. Update
Late getting to the half way point but at least I got that far today which is a plum miracle. Closing out at 2507.
See you tomorrow.

4 comments:
Well I would like to say that I could go halfsies with you but I did not make it quite that far. We have been on the wonderful roads of our country again and I have been lucky, through part of it, that the screen didn't bounce off my computer. On top of that we got all loaded with the excavator and two extra buckets, only to go find a place to get weighed and realize that we were too heavy and had to leave the buckets there. For a permit for overwieght you can only have on one peice or they will not let you have the permit. So we had to go all the way back and finally got all the extra buckets unloaded and started out once again. Now I am back on the bumpy roads(so I will apologize now for any extra letters here or there as my fingers bounce.) So my grand total for today is 1952 and I am saying forget it. My head is starting to hurt trying to watch the bouncing birdies. I am calling it quits for the night and my muse is irritated because he wants to write. When the roads smooth out I hope he is still as excited, :( probably won't be...he's a stinker that way.
My coffeemaker broke. *braaaaains*
Just 516 this evening. More than a page...still calling it a win. :)
Well one of us needed 25 more words and we could have gotten 5000together. :)
LOL Dawn.
So now I just feel ashamed for yesterday--I'm at 1945 so far today and I spent the time working the day job from home like a fiend, watching the baby, watching a second (and highly mobile) baby, trying to catch the highly mobile baby before she could chew through wires because we haven't babyproofed yet, wrestling naps and feedings for both babies...I barely had time to pee, let alone gulp my coffee. :) Kerri, I do NOT know how you do this on a regular basis.
I still have some time before midnight. Going to grab a few more and report back tomorrow. Hope today went well on words for all!
Post a Comment