Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Become Legendary & Win a Super Gift Certificate Too!


















Win a Super Gift Certificate & Get your Name included in my novel based on an Irish Legend!

Here's how...

What is a Legend, anyway?

Well, here's how Wikipedia defines it:

A legend (Latin, legenda, "things to be read") is a narrative of human actions that are perceived both by teller and listeners to take place within human history and to possess certain qualities that give the tale verisimilitude. Legend, for its active and passive participants includes no happenings that are outside the realm of "possibility", defined by a highly flexible set of parameters, which may include miracles that are perceived as actually having happened, within the specific tradition of indoctrination where the legend arises, and within which it may be transformed over time, in order to keep it fresh and vital, and realistic.


Hmmm...clear as mud? Right?

Basically, it is a story (fictional or partly fictional anyway) that is created and passed down from generation to generation. Typically it includes a mystical element that makes it sort of magical and hopefully unforgettable.

Recently, I've entered a contest over at Savvy Authors where contestants were supposed to write a 1000 word legend and enter it for votes. I've entered my legend entitled Legend of the Devil's Porridge.

It is all about an evil king, his tortured children, a prince and a goddess in love, and the magic that will bring them back together despite all the odds.

I hope you'll take a moment and read my legend and if you'd like to enter my contest, please vote for my Legend to win!

What can you win?

1. I'm giving away a gift certificate of your choice (choose from 100's of stores) or a Super Gift Certificate (redeemable at 100's of stores) from GiftCertificates.com to one lucky voter!

AND to give you further incentive to spread the word for votes...

2. If my Legend ends up winning, I'll DOUBLE the amount of the gift certificate prize AND include the winner's name in my full length novel based on this legend!

How to enter?

1. Just visit the Savvy Authors website. Click here.

2. If you are already a member (either Basic or Premium) you'll just need to login and visit this link and vote for The Legend of the Devil's Porridge.

Voting link: http://www.savvyauthors.com/vb/showthread.php?11046-Marcy-Weydemuller-s-quot-Write-A-Legend-quot-Contest-Final-Round

3. If you are not a member, you can register for FREE (Basic Membership includes a ton of benefits and is absolutely FREE) by visiting here: http://www.savvyauthors.com/vb/registration.php

Then, after you register and get your confirmation e-mail with password. You just return to the site and log in. Then go to this same link and vote.

Voting link: http://www.savvyauthors.com/vb/showthread.php?11046-Marcy-Weydemuller-s-quot-Write-A-Legend-quot-Contest-Final-Round

4. Don't forget to come back here and leave me a comment to let me know you voted and give me your e-mail address so that I can contact you if you've won.

5. Or, if you prefer, you can e-mail me at kerribookwriter@yahoo.com and let me know you voted.

6. Voting ends at 11:59 p.m. (EST) on Friday, January 21st! Please get your vote and entry in before then!

Thanks in advance for your support and don't miss out on the chance to become LEGENDARY!

Thanks so much,
Kerri Nelson


P.S. January is National Thank You Month! And I want to extend extra thanks to all of you who supported my Books for Boobs fundraiser for Breast Cancer Research that I held here at the blog back in October. With all your contributions, I sold over 200 books from my used and autographed collection and raised over $100 for research for a cure!

From someone who had a breast cancer scare just last year. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart.

6 comments:

Mindy said...

Hi Kerri :)
I read the legends & WOW, yours ROCKS!
I voted for it, good luck.

Mindy :)
Birdsooong@aol.com

SiNn said...

i sent your an emailwith my info kerri not sure if u got it


mortalsinn@yahoo.com

tholmes86 said...

From tholmes86 Girl! You KNOW I voted! In the process of whoring myself out via Twitter to gain ya some more too! :o) My email is as follows: tholmes8086@gmail.com <3

Unknown said...

Sadly, I couldn't vote for you more than once. Lol. Good luck, right now you're tied for first.
Rachel Firasek

Kathleen Bittner Roth said...

I voted first and second round! I think it would make a great story. I love the premise!

Marissa MacFae said...

Hi Kerri, voted for you...hope you win!!! :)

~Melissa
w/a Marissa MacFae