Sunday, December 21, 2008

BLOGSHOW WINNERS!



Thanks to everyone who entered my blog contest and to those who played my first ever Blogshow "My Fave/Your Fave" I hope you had fun trying to figure out the answers! :-)

I have winners to announce, but first....the answers to my questions...


1. Name the movie that stars Nicolas Cage where his Christmas plans are drastically altered by an angel.

Answer: The Family Man (starring Nicholas Cage and Tea Leoni). Only my favorite Christmas movie in recent years! I particularly love the diaper changing scene. LOL

2. Who plays Holly Hunter's brother in a holiday movie about spending Thanksgiving with your family?

Answer: Robert Downey, Jr. Yep, before he was the Iron Man he played the hilarous trouble making brother of Holly Hunter's character in the movie Home for the Holidays. The movie also stars delicious looking Dylan McDermott.

3. Which Christmas movie features multiple stories interwoven around the them of "love" and stars two of my fave hot Brits?

Answer: Love, Actually (starring Colin Firth and Hugh Grant) This one was a little bit tough but if you've seen it you'll love it. My favorite scene is when Colin Firth has to go into the water to rescue his manuscript pages. Hubba, hubba! I also love the scene where the character reveals his unrequited love to his best friend's wife via poster board notes. It makes me cry every time. I'm a sucker for romance. Sigh.

4. What Christmas movie has the main star obsessed with the ultimate Christmas light display while fantasizing about a trip to Hawaii?

Answer: National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation. Well, this one is all about the dream to go on their Christmas vacation to Hawaii but hilarity ensues when the Griswolds try to host the family Christmas in their home. Tons of laughs and more!

5. What movie has a character named "Flick" who can't resist the urge to lick. :-p

Answer: A Christmas Story. Well now, this one is a classic and need I say more?

The winner of the Blogshow will receive a copy of my fave holiday movie (The Family Man) and a giftcard to Blockbuster (so you can rent your own fave holiday movie or whatever movie your heart desires!).


And the WINNER is......Pamela Bolton-Holifield! CONGRATS! Please contact me with your snail mail information.

The bonus prize (chosen from those who left a comment on my blog) is the choice of a new book from my huge inventory of books. Please contact me with your favorite genre or what genre you'd like to choose a book from and I'll send a list of choices. You can contact me at kerribookwriter @ yahoo.com (no spaces).


The BONUS WINNER is.......BethRe! CONGRATS!

I hope everyone has a wonderful holiday season. Stay safe and have a joyous and blessed Christmas.

See you soon with a review and another prize!


2 comments:

Louisa Cornell said...

Thanks, Keri!! WOO HOOO! And I don't have The Family Man so I am doubly excited!!

Julie Robinson said...

Congrats to the winner!

I just knew the answer was National Lampoon's Christmas Vacation, but my hubby insisted it was something different. Ah well.

Thanks for the brain teaser, Kerri.
Julie